The Akyem Tafo Youth Movement (ATYM) has asked the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) to fulfil its promise of ensuring that killers of J.B. Danquah Adu are duly prosecuted and convicted.
The group in a statement Monday said it believes there is a ‘deliberate ploy to perpetuate injustice in this matter due to the lackadaisical attitude of the state apparatus, the players and handlers of this case.”
The pathologist who conducted the autopsy on the former legislator, Dr Lawrence Edusei told an Accra Central District Court last Thursday the autopsy report is missing.
He explained this happened after his house was burgled in September 2017 and the computer which contained the autopsy report and thousands of other autopsy reports, was stolen by the thieves.
But Deputy Public Relations Officer of ATYM, Kwabena Sarpong, has catalogued a series of incidents that have occurred since the trial of the case started in February 2017, claiming they form part of an attempt to dismiss the case.
“To begin with, on February 16, 2017, the prosecutions in the case where the two suspects are standing trial before a magistrate court for the murder of the MP failed once again to bring the bill of indictment for the two in order for the full trial to begin.
“As if this wasn’t enough, on March 15, 2017, according to the Magistrate Court, Daniel Aseidu’s evidence during the indictment process was full of contradictions, hence the decision to send him to the High Court for a full trial. So, we ask, is Daniel Aseidu and his accomplice the real culprit in this murder case or the real culprit are out there,” the statement observed.
Daniel Asiedu (2nd right) and Vincent Bosso (left), being escorted from the court premises.
It, therefore, rejected the “fairy tale” explanation offered by the Pathologist, describing it as intriguing and very disturbing.
“We must say without any equivocation that the explanation given by the pathologist will not be accepted today, tomorrow and even in eternity,” the statement cautioned.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach