Patients at the Peki Government Hospital will heave a huge sigh of relief after hospital authorities took delivery of mattresses donated through acts of philanthropy.
At least, two institutions, Team Diamond of the Max international, Peki Union UK and a couple, Mr and Mrs Balasu came to the rescue of the hospital with the donation of the customized mattresses worth 40,000 cedis.
The donation came after a passionate appeal by the health authorities at the hospital who had become increasingly frustrated by the poor sleeping conditions in the hospital.
In an interview with Joy News, the medical superintendent of the hospital, Dr Alphonse Dzakpasu, said “our mattresses had worn out, a situation which is not good enough for the hospital and for the comfort of the patients," he lamented
Dr Alphonse Dzakpasu disclosed that the situation became a worry to the management looking at the increasing number of patients admitted daily for health care
He was therefore excited when help finally came in the form of donation.
Dr Dzakpasu called on stakeholders and well-meaning citizens as well as companies to come to the aid of the hospital by providing more mattresses and other pressing needs of the hospital for a more quality health delivery.
“We need such donations to the hospital by groups and individuals,” Dr. Alphonse Dzakpasu pleaded
The National president of the Peki Union, Bernard Douse in presenting the items called on the Health Ministry to upgrade the hospital as it is the only government hospital between Accra and Hohoe and on the stretch of the eastern corridor road.
Peki Government hospital is a district hospital situated in the South Dayi District of the Volta Region and is considered to be one of the cleanest hospitals in the region but lacking some of the basic amenities to function properly.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach