A deep-fried fish was caught on camera twitching on a dinner table in China.
The creey footage, which was taken in Hengyang, Hunan Province in southern China, shows an apparently dead fish moving next to a plate of other fish.
It was posted on Chinese social media site Weibo and horrified viewers voiced their concerns, according to MailOnline.
Weibo user ‘hadisi_4568’ asked: ‘Don’t they think that’s horrifying? Why can’t they kill the fish first before frying it?’, while another says it would be ‘cruel’ to eat the flailing creature.
A nearby woman can be heard screaming as she watches the lively carcass, which even manages to rip itself in half due to the force of it moving.
Thankfully, the fish is not suffering… as it is definitely dead. IFL Science says that despite the heart and brain being dead, there are certain cells that can respond to stimuli such as salt.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach