Catering Services Limited, a pioneer private catering company in the country is celebrating 50 years of providing excellent catering services and training in the craft to thousands across the globe.
The occasion was marked with a thanksgiving service at the Ridge Church in Accra on Sunday, 8th July which was attended by family, friends and well-wishers. Flair Catering was set up in 1968 by Madam Barbara Amesika Baeta and has since made a name in Ghana and beyond for its excellent services.
Past and present staff of Flair joined Madam Barbara Baeta to cut a stunning Flair Golden Jubilee cake which was baked by a past student. Monica Dentu, spokesperson for the students said, “We remain forever proud of our association with Flair and we continue to bear the mark of excellence obtained through the training received from this great institution. We are grateful to our founder, Madam Barbra Baeta who continues to follow our development”.
Numerous well-wishers worldwide have sent congratulatory messages to commemorate the occasion. In one such message, Richard Barrett, Executive Chef of Azure Beach Restaurant and Rivera Sea Food Grill at Rixos Premium Dubai Hotel where one of Madam Baeta’s former students, Christian Nii Nortey Lokko works as pizza chef, commended her for producing a decent chef who is respectful, hardworking, helpful and extremely reliable. The Former First Lady H.E. Mrs. Lordina Mahama was also a student at Flair.
Flair Catering is reputed as being the only private catering establishment that has catered for every Head of State of Ghana since 1968, most diplomatic missions, governmental and private institutions, the business community and many foreign dignitaries that have visited Ghana. Dignitaries that Flair has provided catering services for include:
- Former President Barack Hussein Obama of the United States of America
- The Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bilkiah Mu’izzadin Waddaulah
- Former President Thabo Mbeki of South Africa
- His Imperial Highness, Prince and Princess Takamado of Japan
- His Excellency Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Former Vice President Spiro Agnew of the United States of America
- U Thant and Perez de Cuellar, former Secretaries General of the United Nations
- The late Emperor Haile Selasie of Ethiopia
- His Royal Highness Prince Charles of England
- Ghana’s First President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah
- Former Vice President Hubert Humphrey of the United States of America
As a testimony to the expertise and excellent leadership at Flair Catering, its Executive Chairman Madam. Barbara Baeta was honoured by the late President John Evans Atta-Mills with the order of the Volta. Madam Baeta has authored and co-authored a number of books. They include the Ghana Cook Book, co-authored by Dr Fran Osseo-Asare and Barbara Baeta in 2015, the West African Cookery Cards in 1972, and contributed to the Lifetime Magazine Cook Book as well as the Kitchen Safari.
Preaching a sermon at the Thanksgiving service, Rev Ankama said, Flair has over the years borne good fruits through the training of numerous students and the feeding of many.
Madam Baeta in her remarks to mark the occasion said “we remember with gratitude all those who have helped to bring Flair Catering to this point and we are proud of the fact that over 5,000 students have passed through this institution. Specifically, Madam Baeta mentioned the first student of Flair, Sophia Aduamah whose son, Capt. Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah born whilst Sophia was at Flair is now the first Black equerry to the Queen of England.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners
- Yendi: One dead, 2 picked for disrupting rites to enskin new Ya-Na
- 'World's cutest dog' dies from 'heartbreak'
- NPP MP mounts defence for embattled colleague over killed undercover investigator
- 108 police personnel diagnosed with mental illness
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy