President Nana Akufo-Addo has announced that Cabinet has approved the conversion of the Volta Regional Hospital in Ho into a Teaching Hospital for the University of Health and Allied Science (UHAS).
He said government puts a high premium on UHAS because of its role in training the essential human resource for the health sector.
The President, therefore, assured authorities of the University that government will address the challenges they face in a stepwise manner.
President Akufo-Addo said this during his maiden visit to the main campus of the University at Sokode-Lokoe near Ho on Tuesday as part of his working visit to the Volta Region.
According to him, government will see to the payment of compensations to the owners of the land on which the university is built, addressing the infrastructure deficit to increase student intake as well as ensuring that the 17km internal roads are done.
He disclosed that the office of the Vice President is working closely with the Chinese government to facilitate funds for the next phase of UHAS’s development.
The Vice-Chancellor of UHAS, Professor John O. Gyapong conducted the President around to inspect ongoing projects on the permanent campus.
They inspected work on the ongoing Central Laboratory complex being constructed by MS First Sky Ltd, the School of Pharmacy building project being undertaken by TDK Atlantic Limited.
Also, they inspected the housing units being constructed by Proko Ghana Limited and ZDI Ghana Ltd.
Prof. Gyapong called for a dedicated funding for UHAS to expedite the completion of all its projects.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making