Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia has eulogized the late Joseph Henry Mensah, describing him as a humble and probably the best economist Ghana has produced.
Dr Bawumia also extended his condolences to the family of JH Mensah and his political allies.
“My sincerest condolences go to his family, Government, People of Ghana and the fraternity of the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition,” he wrote on his Facebook timeline.
Also eulogizing the former Senior Minister is the first President of the Fourth Republic, Jerry John Rawlings.
Mr Rawlings wrote on Twitter Thursday that Mr Mensah “left an indelible mark on Ghana's politics”.
“May his soul rest in peace,” he added.
My sincere condolences to the NPP and the family of J.H. Mensah for their loss. He left an indelible mark on Ghana's politics. May his soul rest in peace.— Jerry John Rawlings (@officeofJJR) July 12, 2018
J. H. Mensah passed on at the 37 Military Hospital Thursday morning after taken ill. He was 89.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- KNUST primary teachers strike
- Petition for removal of Chief Justice sent to President
- Patrons ask for more of Luv FM-Golden Tulip Bridal Fair
- More classroom, dormitories from $1.5bn GETFund facility - Akufo-Addo
- Addis Ababa to host Ethio-Ghana Trade & Finance Conference in April 2019
- Ghanaian launches '100 Laptop Give Away Project' for African students
- Free SHS: Minister justifies aggregate 30s in ‘big’ schools
- Ghana will lose pride of place as best performing WASSCE country – Ablakwa fears
- 2019 Suzuki Jimny hits Ghanaian market
- Today's front pages
- Nationwide ECOWAS Brown card sensitisation workshop for police MTTD successful
- Live: Madina-Adentan demo over highway deaths underway
- Report: Mass violation of Public Procurement Law
- Roads and Transport Committee urges end to Tema Motorway toll boycott
- Stop paying NHIL into Consolidated Fund – GMA urges gov’t