Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia has eulogized the late Joseph Henry Mensah, describing him as a humble and probably the best economist Ghana has produced.
Dr Bawumia also extended his condolences to the family of JH Mensah and his political allies.
“My sincerest condolences go to his family, Government, People of Ghana and the fraternity of the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition,” he wrote on his Facebook timeline.
Also eulogizing the former Senior Minister is the first President of the Fourth Republic, Jerry John Rawlings.
Mr Rawlings wrote on Twitter Thursday that Mr Mensah “left an indelible mark on Ghana's politics”.
“May his soul rest in peace,” he added.
My sincere condolences to the NPP and the family of J.H. Mensah for their loss. He left an indelible mark on Ghana's politics. May his soul rest in peace.— Jerry John Rawlings (@officeofJJR) July 12, 2018
J. H. Mensah passed on at the 37 Military Hospital Thursday morning after taken ill. He was 89.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making