Member of Parliament for Ledzorkuku Dr Bernard Oko Boye has been appointed chair of a newly constituted Korle Bu Board.
The appointment by the president, Nana Akufo-Addo is in consultation with the Council of State.
A statement signed by the Chief of Staff Akosua Frema Osei Opare named ten others, including Prof Margaret Lartey, Dr Samuel Asiamah, Mr Nuru-Deen Mohammed, Madam Rita Esi Aryee, Mr Bright Kwame Korkoryie as members.
The rest are Mrs Elizabeth Bruce, Dr Radha Maria Odua Hackman , Mr Jerry Ahmed Shaib and Dr Petrina Tekyi-Ankrah.
The Dr Oko Boye led Board has, as one of its immediate tasks, the challenge of fixing the no bed syndrome with its attendant problems.
A 71-year-old man died last month after being turned away from at least six major public health facilities in the capital.
The sad incident led to a directive the Ghana Health Service to all hospitals not to turn away emergency cases.
That directive appears to have overwhelmed some health care officials especially at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital as patients flood even when the hospital is choked.
The patients are admitted onto bare floors, chairs etc some, however, did not survive.
Dr Oko-Boye, in a Ghana Connect programme on Joy FM, Friday promised to help solve the problem, especially at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer