Member of Parliament for Ledzorkuku Dr Bernard Oko Boye has been appointed chair of a newly constituted Korle Bu Board.
The appointment by the president, Nana Akufo-Addo is in consultation with the Council of State.
A statement signed by the Chief of Staff Akosua Frema Osei Opare named ten others, including Prof Margaret Lartey, Dr Samuel Asiamah, Mr Nuru-Deen Mohammed, Madam Rita Esi Aryee, Mr Bright Kwame Korkoryie as members.
The rest are Mrs Elizabeth Bruce, Dr Radha Maria Odua Hackman , Mr Jerry Ahmed Shaib and Dr Petrina Tekyi-Ankrah.
The Dr Oko Boye led Board has, as one of its immediate tasks, the challenge of fixing the no bed syndrome with its attendant problems.
A 71-year-old man died last month after being turned away from at least six major public health facilities in the capital.
The sad incident led to a directive the Ghana Health Service to all hospitals not to turn away emergency cases.
That directive appears to have overwhelmed some health care officials especially at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital as patients flood even when the hospital is choked.
The patients are admitted onto bare floors, chairs etc some, however, did not survive.
Dr Oko-Boye, in a Ghana Connect programme on Joy FM, Friday promised to help solve the problem, especially at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Disclaimer: Unauthorized representatives of Multimedia Group Limited
- Ketu North District presents startup kits for disabled
- Jonmoore International Limited partners with UK dental specialists
- Time With Dentsu Aegis Network thought leaders
- Asanko Mining promotes literacy through reading, comprehension competition
- ‘Accra to be cleanest in Africa’: CONIWAS criticises Minister for extending timeline
- From the newsstands today: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- ‘Teachers need retraining to promote quality education’
- At this German housing complex rent hasn’t gone up in 500 years
- Top 5 experiences to try while In Africa
- Photos: UN peacekeepers mourn late Ghanaian Head, Maj. Gen. Vib-Sanziri
- Akufo-Addo, Graca Marchel to grace summit on global peace
- Missing Takoradi girls not found – Police deny media reports
- Your victory in life began on the cross of Christ's death – Aps. Mike Etrue
- Massive decongestion exercise looms in Madina