Business mogul and industrialist, Ibrahim Mahama, has been honoured at the 8t edition of the African Achievers awards, one of the biggest gatherings of influential and global African Achievers on the continent.
The elegant event which took place in the House of Commons in London on Thursday and hosted by Rt. Diane Abbott, Shadow Home Secretary, celebrated the young Ghanaian businessman.
The awards ceremony has consistently honoured great African achievers from African Leaders, Young Achievers, Community Builders to Captains of Industries across the continent.
Past Honorees include Arch. Bishop Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela Foundation, Jakaya Kikwete former President of Tanzania, Dr. Margaret Blick Kigozi, former Executive Director of the Uganda Investment Authority.
Others were Dr Paul Enenche, Senior Pastor Dunamis International, Titi Horsfal, Sir Celestine Omehia, John Momoh, Chairman and Founder of Channels Television, Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation and the Kofi Annan Foundation.
The rest are Dr Justina Mutale, The African Development Bank (AFDB), Dr Mathews Phosa, Moggesukkel Foundation, Dr Dlamini Zuma former Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Dr Josephine Ojiambo, former Commonwealth Deputy Secretary-General.
The 2018 edition was chaired by Chaired by Susan Fajana Thomas, Chairperson African Achievers Awards Board, with Bogolo Joy Kenewendo, Botswana’s Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry as the keynote speaker who focused on ‘Girls Right to Education; a case for Africa’.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years