Shortly after the end of the quiz and before the final scores were announced, uniformed Police officers were dispatched to vantage points in the aisles and close to the stairs leading to the stage.
A police officer also took hold of Dr Elsie Kauffman’s paper bag which she used this year after her bag was stolen during the celebrations of last year’s final.
Read: Quiz mistress' handbag stolen at NSMQ finals
It is not clear whether the organizers of the competition brought the security officer to protect the bag.
Dr Kaufmann’s handbag got missing after Prempeh College beat St Thomas Aquinas and Adisadel College to emerge winner of the 2017 contest.
It appears Dr Kauffman is leaving nothing to chance as she has also handed her prize she received after the contest to an usher to be sent behind the stage.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police chief rejects subordinate's claims of sidelining in bloody bye-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’
- Cape Coast: Basic school heads appeal for gov't assistance
- ‘We are not alone’ Police tweet video of strange light emerging from thunderstorm
- The mysterious town obsessed with ‘11’
- Police on manhunt for 4 NDC 'Hawks' over Kumasi shooting
- That's My Opinion: Article of Confusion