Shortly after the end of the quiz and before the final scores were announced, uniformed Police officers were dispatched to vantage points in the aisles and close to the stairs leading to the stage.
A police officer also took hold of Dr Elsie Kauffman’s paper bag which she used this year after her bag was stolen during the celebrations of last year’s final.
Read: Quiz mistress' handbag stolen at NSMQ finals
It is not clear whether the organizers of the competition brought the security officer to protect the bag.
Dr Kaufmann’s handbag got missing after Prempeh College beat St Thomas Aquinas and Adisadel College to emerge winner of the 2017 contest.
It appears Dr Kauffman is leaving nothing to chance as she has also handed her prize she received after the contest to an usher to be sent behind the stage.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years