Kwahu East District Chief Executive, Isaac Agyapong, joined hundreds to celebrate with St Peters SHS after the Eastern Region school won this year’s National Science and Math Quiz which was held on Thursday 5, 2018 at the National Theatre in Accra.
Speaking to Myjoyonline.com Thursday, he announced plans to give priority to science education in his district.
The DCE, who was accompanied by Nana Barfuor Yeboah Asuamah I, Manhwere Hene of Kwahu Traditional Council, met the contestants shortly after their resounding victory to congratulate them.
He commended the two contestants for "lifting the flag of Kwahu high".
"You put up your best for Kwahu. May the good Lord protect you and strengthen you," the DCE told Kissi Annoh Kwaku and Fenny Benjamin.
St Peter’s Senior High School are now three-time champions of the National Science and Maths Quiz after a very tense Grand Finale victory.
The Nkwatia-based Senior High School fought off Cape Coast giant Adisadel College and debutant West Africa Senior High School based in Adenta, Accra.
The visibly elated District Chief Executive told Joy News he will soon meet all stakeholders in education to discuss ways of improving math and science education.
He noted that science education is key to national development and therefore a comprehensive programme to make math and science a priority will be in the right direction.
He was of the view that effective science and math education at the Senior High School level will contribute significantly to President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s Ghana Beyond Aid policy which is geared towards self-sufficiency in all sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 arrested over Asiwa police chief attack
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs