Kwahu East District Chief Executive, Isaac Agyapong, joined hundreds to celebrate with St Peters SHS after the Eastern Region school won this year’s National Science and Math Quiz which was held on Thursday 5, 2018 at the National Theatre in Accra.
Speaking to Myjoyonline.com Thursday, he announced plans to give priority to science education in his district.
The DCE, who was accompanied by Nana Barfuor Yeboah Asuamah I, Manhwere Hene of Kwahu Traditional Council, met the contestants shortly after their resounding victory to congratulate them.
He commended the two contestants for "lifting the flag of Kwahu high".
"You put up your best for Kwahu. May the good Lord protect you and strengthen you," the DCE told Kissi Annoh Kwaku and Fenny Benjamin.
St Peter’s Senior High School are now three-time champions of the National Science and Maths Quiz after a very tense Grand Finale victory.
The Nkwatia-based Senior High School fought off Cape Coast giant Adisadel College and debutant West Africa Senior High School based in Adenta, Accra.
The visibly elated District Chief Executive told Joy News he will soon meet all stakeholders in education to discuss ways of improving math and science education.
He noted that science education is key to national development and therefore a comprehensive programme to make math and science a priority will be in the right direction.
He was of the view that effective science and math education at the Senior High School level will contribute significantly to President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s Ghana Beyond Aid policy which is geared towards self-sufficiency in all sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 8 more persons declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong