A Magistrate at the Kasoa District Court is forced to use a chamber pot to attend to nature’s call due to the absence of a washroom at her facility.
Felicia Gandezi was explaining to the Chief Justice, who is on a four-day tour of courts in the region, the hardships she has been enduring in her bid to deliver justice.
The court shares the same facility with the Assembly but has not been provided with a washroom.
So she is compelled to use the chamber pot when at work and to constantly empty the content in order to avoid an unpleasant smell at the premises.
Gandezi says the situation makes them uncomfortable but added that the chamber pot was their only option.
The Chief Justice was stunned by the revelation.
“I haven’t looked at a chamber pot since my daughter was a baby. This is terrible,” she said.
Mrs Akuffo who was unaware of the situation until now has promised to put up an edifice fit for purpose for the court.
“We should not have accepted this. We should not be sharing facilities with anybody. Kasoa is a very prosperous Municipality, we are going to have to build a purposely designed [court]. We don’t want this…this is totally unsuitable”, she added.
Mrs Akuffo has also vowed to close all courts with buildings that do not meet model designs.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years