A Magistrate at the Kasoa District Court is forced to use a chamber pot to attend to nature’s call due to the absence of a washroom at her facility.
Felicia Gandezi was explaining to the Chief Justice, who is on a four-day tour of courts in the region, the hardships she has been enduring in her bid to deliver justice.
The court shares the same facility with the Assembly but has not been provided with a washroom.
So she is compelled to use the chamber pot when at work and to constantly empty the content in order to avoid an unpleasant smell at the premises.
Gandezi says the situation makes them uncomfortable but added that the chamber pot was their only option.
The Chief Justice was stunned by the revelation.
“I haven’t looked at a chamber pot since my daughter was a baby. This is terrible,” she said.
Mrs Akuffo who was unaware of the situation until now has promised to put up an edifice fit for purpose for the court.
“We should not have accepted this. We should not be sharing facilities with anybody. Kasoa is a very prosperous Municipality, we are going to have to build a purposely designed [court]. We don’t want this…this is totally unsuitable”, she added.
Mrs Akuffo has also vowed to close all courts with buildings that do not meet model designs.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police chief rejects subordinate's claims of sidelining in bloody by-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’
- Cape Coast: Basic school heads appeal for gov't assistance
- ‘We are not alone’ Police tweet video of strange light emerging from thunderstorm
- The mysterious town obsessed with ‘11’
- Police on manhunt for 4 NDC 'Hawks' over Kumasi shooting
- That's My Opinion: Article of Confusion