Two female armed robbers are among a group of five arrested by the Atwima Nwabiagya Municipal Police Command in the Ashanti Region.
The group includes two teenagers, one of them a 17-year-old girl identified as Agyeiwaa Kyere.
The other female robber is 23-year-old Jessica Asieduwaa.
The names of the robbers have been given as Isaac Frimpong, 26; Kofi Bio, 24; and Ayei Emmanuel, 17.
DSP Emmanuel Asiamah, police commander of the municipal made this information known when he briefed the media.
DSP Asiamah said the robbers have been known by residents to terrify the community for some time now.
He disclosed that a number of weapons were found on these persons. A locally made gun, 6 live cartridges and a smartphone were retrieved.
Six Samsung phone batteries were also found.
The police commander called for a healthy relationship between the law-abiding public and the police.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to face security threat’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash
- MP faults PDS over bloody Odumase violence that killed boy