About ten people have been confirmed dead in a gory accident Wednesday dawn on the Suhum-Nsawam highway.
The accident which occurred around 5 a.m. has left many others injured, Joy News’ Maxwell Kudekor reports.
According to Maxwell, two Kia Granbird buses, one from Techiman to Accra and the other from the opposite direction collided head-on at Asuboi near Suhum.
As at 8 a.m officials from the police and fire service were at the scene to retrieve bodies from the wreckage, Maxwell reports.
Images from the accident scene are below. Viewer discretion is advised.
The police and fire personnel retrieving a body from one of the buses
The injured are being treated at the Suhum Government Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist