About ten people have been confirmed dead in a gory accident Wednesday dawn on the Suhum-Nsawam highway.
The accident which occurred around 5 a.m. has left many others injured, Joy News’ Maxwell Kudekor reports.
According to Maxwell, two Kia Granbird buses, one from Techiman to Accra and the other from the opposite direction collided head-on at Asuboi near Suhum.
As at 8 a.m officials from the police and fire service were at the scene to retrieve bodies from the wreckage, Maxwell reports.
Images from the accident scene are below. Viewer discretion is advised.
The police and fire personnel retrieving a body from one of the buses
The injured are being treated at the Suhum Government Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers
- Did CAF steal Ghanaian beatmaker’s soundtrack?
- Climate summit: Groups express concerns over forest decline in Africa
- NSMQ: Nafana, 3 others win in Brong Ahafo qualifiers
- OBOSS shows who is boss in NSMQ2019 qualifiers
- That's My Opinion: ‘De-tribalising’ Ghana
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Chereponi: One more person dead as humanitarian crisis worsens
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals