About ten people have been confirmed dead in a gory accident Wednesday dawn on the Suhum-Nsawam highway.
The accident which occurred around 5 a.m. has left many others injured, Joy News’ Maxwell Kudekor reports.
According to Maxwell, two Kia Granbird buses, one from Techiman to Accra and the other from the opposite direction collided head-on at Asuboi near Suhum.
As at 8 a.m officials from the police and fire service were at the scene to retrieve bodies from the wreckage, Maxwell reports.
Images from the accident scene are below. Viewer discretion is advised.
The police and fire personnel retrieving a body from one of the buses
The injured are being treated at the Suhum Government Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase
- Aluminium Dev't Corp reiterates readiness to engage mining companies
- Go to court to stop Nigerians, others from retail trade - Baako to GUTA
- Police’s ‘unlawful’ arrest of Nigerian lecturer criticised
- Court fines owners of stray cattle GH¢960
- Dog waits one year at police station where owner was arrested
- NCA sues Electronic Communications Tribunal for bias