In an unexpected twist in the controversial KelniGVG contract, the Communications Ministry has revealed that the IT firm has installed its equipment at the data centres of the telcos.
“Physical installation of servers has been completed at various data centres of all the MNOs [Mobile Network Operators] and preparations towards testing and transmission are at various stages of completion,” the Ministry said a release dated June 11, 2018.
The telcos have been resisting the deal on a myriad of grounds including a possible breach of the privacy of their subscribers by a third party, KelniGVG.
The full statement signed by Communications Minister, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful is published below and it gives a detailed update on progress made with the implementation of the $89 million contract.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist