In an unexpected twist in the controversial KelniGVG contract, the Communications Ministry has revealed that the IT firm has installed its equipment at the data centres of the telcos.
“Physical installation of servers has been completed at various data centres of all the MNOs [Mobile Network Operators] and preparations towards testing and transmission are at various stages of completion,” the Ministry said a release dated June 11, 2018.
The telcos have been resisting the deal on a myriad of grounds including a possible breach of the privacy of their subscribers by a third party, KelniGVG.
The full statement signed by Communications Minister, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful is published below and it gives a detailed update on progress made with the implementation of the $89 million contract.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Party security are ‘militias’ not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers
- Did CAF steal Ghanaian beatmaker’s soundtrack?
- Climate summit: Groups express concerns over forest decline in Africa
- NSMQ: Nafana, 3 others win in Brong Ahafo qualifiers
- OBOSS shows who is boss in NSMQ2019 qualifiers
- That's My Opinion: ‘De-tribalising’ Ghana
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Chereponi: One more person dead as humanitarian crisis worsens
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action