Africa-focused NGO, Engage Now Africa (ENA), has donated various items to a clinic run by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS), located at the Service’s headquarters in Accra.
Executive Director of ENA in the U.S. Peter Evans said the donation was to show appreciation for the work of the Service and to encourage the officers to continue in their work to keep Ghana safe.
“We appreciate what you do to keep this country safe, to make sure the immigration laws are followed and we are grateful to be part of this organisation. So thank you for the privilege to help and give you some assistance today,” he told a gathering of GIS top brass at a short ceremony at the headquarters.
ENA Project Director, Komla Afasi, also said the donation was in line with the NGO’s commitment to honouring the call for support by institutions who reach out for assistance.
“We want to adopt the institution to be one of our babies. So we will be coordinating and working with the clinic because a part of our goals is to support medical care,” he said.
Items donated include mattresses, pillows, air-condition, a photocopier machine, estimated to cost around GHS10, 000.
ENA champions efforts to strengthen individuals, families, and communities through a myriad of activities.
The NGO’s many activities to end poverty through adult education, provision of microloans, self-support assistance, provision of clean water and sanitation, medical services, orphan support, and eradication of modern forms of slavery has been unrelenting over the years.
Receiving the times, Comptroller General of the GIS, Kwame Atuah-Takyi, said: “We are very glad about the things we have been given and we are going to utilize them for our clinic.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service
- Meet Maxwell: 23-year-od successful mango farmer