The Chief Executive Officer for Menzgold and Zylofon Group of Companies, Nana Appiah Mensah, under the aegis of his charity wing, NAM Mission - has announced the setup of ‘The Sheikh Dr. Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu Educational Fund’.
The announcement was made when the Chief Imam, Sheikh Dr Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu, together with Sheikh Abdul Kaadiru Taahiru, Chief of Dagomba and President for the National Muslim Chiefs - paid a courtesy call on the Chief Executive Officer in his office to express gratitude over Mr Mensah's philanthropic gesture towards destitute Muslims during the Ramadan.
According to Nana Appiah Mensah, Ghana has enjoyed such a peaceful environment for a long time, thanks to the likes of Chief Imam, who have contributed enormously to ensure that, there’s stability and peaceful co-existence in the country.
He stated that one of the core objectives of NAM Mission is to effect positive change in State Welfare and instil development in national economic growth – and in line with that, the Mission is setting up ‘The Sheikh Dr Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu Educational Fund’ with a start-up of GH¢1 million.
He emphasized that the Fund is to promote Islamic education across the country and to support the education of bright but needy Muslims in the country.
The Chief Imam praised Nana Appiah Mensah for his good works in the country insisting that Allah will surely reward him.
In his remark, the Chief Imam thanked NAM Mission and Nana Appiah Mensah for the gesture. He stated that all he has to offer Nana Appiah Mensah are prayers and that; he would include the Chief Executive Officer in his prayer list.
He prayed for protection, elevation and longevity for Nana Appiah and promised that the Fund would be put to good use to affect many in the communities.
NAM Mission is a charity organization in Ghana that is geared towards the provision of aid to the underprivileged and needy in society as well the development of deprived communities across the country.
It also aims at setting up business models across the country in order to create jobs – as part of its resolve to improve the economic growth of the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care