The Chief Executive Officer for Menzgold and Zylofon Group of Companies, Nana Appiah Mensah, under the aegis of his charity wing, NAM Mission - has announced the setup of ‘The Sheikh Dr. Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu Educational Fund’.
The announcement was made when the Chief Imam, Sheikh Dr Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu, together with Sheikh Abdul Kaadiru Taahiru, Chief of Dagomba and President for the National Muslim Chiefs - paid a courtesy call on the Chief Executive Officer in his office to express gratitude over Mr Mensah's philanthropic gesture towards destitute Muslims during the Ramadan.
According to Nana Appiah Mensah, Ghana has enjoyed such a peaceful environment for a long time, thanks to the likes of Chief Imam, who have contributed enormously to ensure that, there’s stability and peaceful co-existence in the country.
He stated that one of the core objectives of NAM Mission is to effect positive change in State Welfare and instil development in national economic growth – and in line with that, the Mission is setting up ‘The Sheikh Dr Osmanu Nuhu Sharubutu Educational Fund’ with a start-up of GH¢1 million.
He emphasized that the Fund is to promote Islamic education across the country and to support the education of bright but needy Muslims in the country.
The Chief Imam praised Nana Appiah Mensah for his good works in the country insisting that Allah will surely reward him.
In his remark, the Chief Imam thanked NAM Mission and Nana Appiah Mensah for the gesture. He stated that all he has to offer Nana Appiah Mensah are prayers and that; he would include the Chief Executive Officer in his prayer list.
He prayed for protection, elevation and longevity for Nana Appiah and promised that the Fund would be put to good use to affect many in the communities.
NAM Mission is a charity organization in Ghana that is geared towards the provision of aid to the underprivileged and needy in society as well the development of deprived communities across the country.
It also aims at setting up business models across the country in order to create jobs – as part of its resolve to improve the economic growth of the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs