Anzhelika Protodyakonova, a young fashion blogger from Russia, shot to social media fame after photos of her huge eyebrows, which cover most of her forehead, went viral on the internet.
They say every cloud has a silver lining, and the story of how Anzhelika Protodyakonova became a popular online fashion blogger and a social media star in her native country is a perfect example of that.
Seven years ago, while riding on a bus in Yakutsk, Russia’s Sakha Republic, Anzhelika drew the attention of another passenger who just couldn’t take her eyes off her unusually large eyebrows.
The woman took a photo of her and posted it online, where it quickly went viral.
Anzhelika soon became known as “Bushy Angie”, and while she admits being embarrassed by the photo at first, the young girl quickly embraced her new-found popularity and even managed to make a living off of it.
Anzhelika’s photo even crossed national boundaries and inspired famous fashion bloggers to replicate her unusual look and even post tutorials for others to do the same. Seeing the world so fascinated by her eyebrows, Protodyakonova decided to take things even further. She started making her eyebrows even larger, to the point where they took up her entire forehead. People just ate it up. Her social media accounts tarted getting tens of thousands of followers and she started getting invited to various television shows. Her eyebrows had made her a star.
Anzhelika Protodyakonova’s huge eyebrows, which some sources claim were inspired by the hit mobile game Angry Birds, have somehow remained relevant for over seven years now. The young woman has over 90,000 followers on Instagram, and can reportedly support herself just by posting new photos of her eyebrows regularly and advertising various beauty and health products on her social media accounts.
Angie’s story just goes to show you that you can always turn lemons into lemonade, you just have to stay positive.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GH¢2.5m locked up investment
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Anas' key partner shot dead