The CEO of Advance Body Sculpt Centre Dr Dominic Obeng Andoh has pleaded not guilty to charges of operating an unlicensed medical facility and practising medicine without a license.
Dr Dominic Obeng Andoh was slapped with these charges last week after he was remanded by the Accra Central District Court for the alleged murder of a Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan (NEIP).
Stacy Offei Darko died last month after admitting herself to the Obengfo Hospital after complaining of a headache.
The late Stacy
Her death sparked outrage leading to the arrest of Dominic Obeng Andoh and some of his staff by the police.
Joy News’ Joseph Ackah-Blay was in court Friday where reports circulated that Obeng Andoh did not show up at Circuit Court for his plea last month. Toeay, he arrived with a physician.
His lawyers explained his earlier absence was due to ill health.
When asked to take a plea, he pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The court granted him bail to the tune GHS50,000 with two sureties.
A visibly unwell Obeng-Addo had to be aided by three persons to walk as he made his way out of the courtroom.
The case has been adjourned to July 6, 2018.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- NAM1 reportedly directs gov’t to supervise sale of his assets
- Kidnapped girls: Police criticised for poor handling of case
- Gov't allocates GH¢800m extra to support police
- Manual for School Management Committees in the offing
- Women twerk atop moving vehicle on highway
- 6 of the world’s best wildlife’s experiences
- National Biosafety Authority allays fears of parliament over 'illegal GMOs'
- Kidnapped girls: Police ‘give up’ on suspect as ‘he has refused to talk’
- Accra to have area-wide traffic signal control centre by June
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic