Anzhelika Protodyakonova, a young fashion blogger from Russia, shot to social media flame after photos of her huge eyebrows, which cover most of her forehead, went viral on the internet.
They say every cloud has a silver lining, and the story of how Anzhelika Protodyakonova became a popular online fashion blogger and a social media star in her native country is a perfect example of that.
Seven years ago, while riding on a bus in Yakutsk, Russia’s Sakha Republic, Anzhelika drew the attention of another passenger who just couldn’t take her eyes off her unusually large eyebrows.
The woman took a photo of her and posted it online, where it quickly went viral. Anzhelika soon became known as “Bushy Angie”, and while she admits being embarrassed by the photo at first, the young girl quickly embraced her new-found popularity and even managed to make a living off of it.
Anzhelika’s photo even crossed national boundaries, and inspired famous fashion bloggers to replicate her unusual look and even post tutorials for others to do the same.
Seeing the world so fascinated by her eyebrows, Protodyakonova decided to take things even further. She started making her eyebrows even larger, to the point where they took up her entire forehead.
People just ate it up. Her social media accounts tarted getting tens of thousands of followers and she started getting invited to various television shows. Her eyebrows had made her a star.
Anzhelika Protodyakonova’s huge eyebrows, which some sources claim were inspired by the hit mobile game Angry Birds, have somehow remained relevant for over seven years now.
The young woman has over 90,000 followers on Instagram, and can reportedly support herself just by posting new photos of her eyebrows regularly and advertising various beauty and health products on her social media accounts.
Angie’s story just goes to show you that you can always turn lemons into lemonade, you just have to stay positive.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to face security threat’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash
- MP faults PDS over bloody Odumase violence that killed boy