The medical license of Dr. Windell Boutte, whose dancing operating room videos made her a YouTube sensation, has been suspended pending multiple malpractice allegations.
"My daughter said it looked like a shark bit me," Gloria Slater told Inside Edition, showing the scars on her abdomen from what was supposed to be tummy tuck.
Another alleged victim, Mitzi McFarland, said she went to the Georgia physician for a liposuction procedure. Instead, she woke up to a horrific mess. "This was me," she said, displaying a photo of her disfigured belly. "It was all over my stomach and now those areas you see that are black are now scarred."
Boutte claims she has done nothing wrong, and that patients requested videos be made of their surgeries. She also said adverse surgical results were beyond her control.
"These are consented videos," she told HLN. "They were staged, they were planned."
The Georgia Composite Medical Board cited allegations of malpractice from seven patients as the reason for suspending her license.
Her "continued practice of medicine poses a threat to the public health, safety and welfare and imperatively requires emergency action," the board said in its ruling.
Icilma Cornelius went into cardiac arrest on Boutte's operating table and is now an invalid, her son, Ojay, told Inside Edition. "I have to do everything, literally, for her. Bathe her, brush her teeth, feed her." His mother had been close to getting her doctorate degree and was about to be married when she opted for plastic surgery.
Now she has neither. A lawsuit the family filed against the physician was settled out of court.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach
- 53 soldiers sue Menzgold over GH¢2.5m locked up investment
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Anas' key partner shot dead