Six persons including a pregnant woman were killed in a motor accident near Haomako on the Techiman-Ejura road on Thursday.
An Opel taxi cab travelling from Techiman to Ejura with five passengers on board collided head-on with a KIA truck from the opposite direction.
The pregnant woman and her husband, both teachers in the Atebubu Amantin district were heading to their post after a mid-term break.
Joy News’ Anas Sabit reported that the KIA truck was travelling at a high speed when it collided with the Taxi and somersaulted leading to the instant death of its occupants.
The District Police Commander for Ejura Chief Superintendent Richardson Kumeko confirmed the incident to Joy News.
In line with Islamic tradition, the dead teacher and his pregnant wife were buried on Thursday.
The other bodies have been deposited at the Techiman Holy Family Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases