Police have arrested one more person who broke cell during an attack on the Kwabenya police station in Accra two months ago.
The suspect was arrested at Asamankese in the Eastern Region.
The latest arrest brings to three the total number of people arrested in connection with the cell break that led to the escape of seven inmates and the death of a police officer.
ASP Ebenezer Tetteh, who speaks for the Eastern Region police, said the suspect, Emmanuel Kotey, was picked up with the help the of the community.
“He was arrested as a result of police-community collaboration and as we speak we are waiting for Accra to come and collect him since the crime was committed in the jurisdiction of Accra," he said.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The two other arrested escapees, Prince Osei and Atta Kojo, have been jailed for 30 months after pleading guilty to conspiracy to escape from lawful custody and escaping from lawful custody.
Timeline of Kwabenya Gang attack
21 January 2018: At about 1:30 am Sunday, a six-man gang attacked Kwabenya police station and freed seven cell inmates. Inspector Emmanuel Ashilevi believed to be in his 40's was killed.
22 January 2018: Police in Accra screen an undisclosed number of suspects picked up in connection with the deadly Sunday dawn cell break at Kwabenya in the Greater Accra Region.
23 January 2018: Inspector General of Police (IGP), David Asante-Apeatu, summoned to Parliament over the recent killings of police officers.
25 January 2018: Inspector General of Police, David Asante-Apeatu addresses press conference and names four suspects have been picked up in relation to the killing of the Inspector and the jailbreak.
27 January 2018: Kwabenya police attack: Cop killer arrested
28 January 2018: A one-week memorial service is held at the Pokuase residence of Inspector Emmanuel Ashilevi who was murdered last Sunday.
29 January 2018: Police schedule Feb 4 for 'special prayers' against attacks
30 January 2018: 12 arraigned at Accra Circuit court; 2 convicted after confessing to the crime
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme