A 35-year-old farmer is in the grips of the Enchi District Police Command for allegedly shooting his 19-year-old girlfriend to death at Adonikrom in the Aowin District in the Western Region.
The suspect, Daniel Gyan, who lives in a cottage at Adonikrom in Enchi, was said to have had a misunderstanding with Emelia and shot her in the chest through the back.
The Enchi District Police Commander, Superintendent of Police Raymond Kofi Erzuah disclosed this in an interview with the Ghana News Agency.
According to him, the suspect hails from Aburi in the Eastern Region.
He said on March 9, at about 2200 hours, one Prosper Bedzo of Adonikrom who was accompanied by the police night patrol team came to the police station and made a complaint that at about 1930 hours a quarrel ensued between the deceased, who is his niece, and Daniel over money.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
He said the suspect became offended took his single barrel gun and shot Emelia and fled.
He said those who witnessed the incident quickly went to Emelia’s aid, rushed her to the hospital for treatment but she died on the way.
Superintendent Erzuah explained that the police apprehended Daniel on that same day at Botchweykrom, which is about two miles from where he had allegedly committed the offence.
He said the suspect has since been detained for further investigations.
The District Police Commander said Emelia’s body has since been deposited at the Enchi Government Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme