One of Joy FM’s Volta Regional Correspondent, Hubert Mawuli Yevu-Agbi has been selected as one of 15 journalists across Africa to take part in the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) currently ongoing in the United States.
The US Department of State-sponsored professional exchange programme is to provide the opportunity for journalists from the participating countries to exchange ideas on best practices and collaborate in solving some of the common challenges in the journalism profession.
The programme which is expected to last for three weeks has participants from Togo, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Gabon all attending.
The rest of the participating countries are Lesotho, Madagascar, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Themed: “Integrity in Journalism: 21st Century Approaches to Print and Radio Journalism,” the programme will see participants taking part in professional development and University led seminars which will highlight current trends and challenges in the media profession, foreign affairs reporting and political affairs coverage.
The program which started on February 23 ends on March 18, 2018.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall