One of Joy FM’s Volta Regional Correspondent, Hubert Mawuli Yevu-Agbi has been selected as one of 15 journalists across Africa to take part in the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) currently ongoing in the United States.
The US Department of State-sponsored professional exchange programme is to provide the opportunity for journalists from the participating countries to exchange ideas on best practices and collaborate in solving some of the common challenges in the journalism profession.
The programme which is expected to last for three weeks has participants from Togo, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Gabon all attending.
The rest of the participating countries are Lesotho, Madagascar, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Themed: “Integrity in Journalism: 21st Century Approaches to Print and Radio Journalism,” the programme will see participants taking part in professional development and University led seminars which will highlight current trends and challenges in the media profession, foreign affairs reporting and political affairs coverage.
The program which started on February 23 ends on March 18, 2018.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ahmed started receiving death threats after photos were published – Family reveals
- Minister launches e-learning platform for students
- Taxi driver found dead with missing genitals
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners
- Yendi: One dead, 2 picked for disrupting rites to enskin new Ya-Na
- 'World's cutest dog' dies from 'heartbreak'
- NPP MP mounts defence for embattled colleague over killed undercover investigator
- 108 police personnel diagnosed with mental illness
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam