President Nana Akufo-Ado's claim that his uncle and nationalist, JB Danquah, founded the University of Ghana has brought fresh controversy about Ghana's history.
The President's claim sparked concerns he may be about to rename the university after his uncle following a renaming spree in recent times.
But a historian and researcher at the University of Ghana, Kweku Darko Ankrah, has suggested greater credit ought to go to cocoa farmers who provided the seed money for Ghana's first university in 1948.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence