President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, on Wednesday, 9th May, 2018, left Ghana for the United Kingdom on a week-long vacation, his first since being sworn-in as President on 7th January, 2017.
He was accompanied by the First Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo, his children and grandchildren.
Whilst away, the President will honour two public engagements. On Friday, 11th May, 2018, he will speak at the University of Oxford, as part of its 2018 Africa Conference, on the theme “Enough Rhetoric! Catalysing an Era of Concrete Action”.
He will on Saturday, 12th May, 2018, deliver the keynote address at the London Business School’s Africa Business Summit.
On 13th May, 2018, the President will also take the opportunity of his vacation to attend the Anglican confirmation ceremony of his grandson, Louis, at his old school, Lancing College, in Sussex.
President Akufo-Addo will return to Ghana on Wednesday, 16th May, 2018, and in his absence, the Vice President, Alhaji Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't committed to acquisition of French as second language - Ayorkor Botchwey
- NSS supports Free SHS with maize
- Interior Minister apologises for police assault on 3 journalists
- Young at Heart launches ‘Lab and Library on Wheels’ project
- CEDECOM courts support of chiefs, MPs to develop the Central Region
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 59 foreign nationals arrested for illegal mining in Western Region
- 'Chereponi conflict is escalating' -- Security analysts call for firm action
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner