Board Chairman of Osei Kyeretwie Senior High School in Kumasi has asked students to return to campus, assuring them of their safety after a gruesome murder of one of the students Wednesday night.
Mr Owusu Ansah says security personnel have been deployed to the school to maintain calm and ensure the safety of students.
“Police officers have been deployed to the school and some soldiers from Operation Calm life have also been deployed to the school,” he told Joy News’ Emefa Apawu on Newsnite Thursday.
Mr Ansah highlighted the fact that the academic term had entered the fourth week and it would be detrimental for the students to remain at home.
“The Kumasi Mayor and the Regional Director of Education have all been to the campus to access the situation,” he assured.
Parents thronged the school to take their wards home after some armed men stormed the school Wednesday night to rob students.
The armed men after their operation run into a19-year-old Godfred Arthur and reportedly stabbed him to death.
A student who spoke to Joy News said the deceased who was unaware of the robbery came out of his dormitory with the intention of studying in the classroom only to meet his untimely death.
He was stabbed multiple times.
According to Mr Ansah by the time they got Godfred to the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
The Board chair demanded an immediate solution to the issue of insecurity around the area where the school is located, in order to avert further deaths.
“The powers that be should take advantage of this thing even though it’s unfortunate, to put an end to that story because it’s long overdue. For more than 20 years we have been fighting this [crime] incident,” he told JoyNews.
The police confirm they have two suspects in custody and they [police] have commenced investigations into the matter.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence