There is growing tension in the Mo Traditional Area in the Kintampo Municipality of the Brong Ahafo Region as kingmakers object to the installation of Sampson Adre as the Omanhene.
A chieftaincy dispute which dates back to 1999 was resolved about two weeks ago but according to the kingmakers, due process was not followed in the installation of Mr. Adre.
Speaking at a press conference in Sunyani, Kyedomhene of the Mo Traditional Area, Nana Adjei Kontor appealed to residents to remain calm and ignore the what he says is the hurried installation of Sampson Adre as chief.
He said the leaders were waiting for the determination of a petition before the Regional House of Chiefs in respect of the vacant stool.
“Nana Kwaku Danquah has placed on the installation of any person from the Lera Royal Gate as Omanhene of Mo Traditional Area pending the determination of the petition,” he said.
He told the press notice of this injunction was given before the purported installation of Mr Adre.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II