At least two persons have been confirmed dead in a car crash involving an Opel Astra and Martiz taxi cab at Nsuta near Techiman in the Brong Ahafo Region.
The accident happened Monday morning.
The Opel Astra cab with registration number GE392-Z was traveling from Techiman to Sunyani when it collided with the Martiz taxi cab with registration number GR3823-11.
"Upon reaching Fiapokrom near Nsuta, the Astra driver wanted to overtake a motorbike rider who was heading towards Sunyani but he wasn't fast enough as the Martiz driver had also reached there so both couldn't control their cars due to the high speed on the curve" an eyewitness explained to Joy News Anass Sabit.
Both the driver and a female passenger occupying the front seat of the Opel Astra cab died on the spot whilst other passengers on board both cars including the driver of the Matiz taxi sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The remains of the dead have since been deposited at the Holy Family hospital's morgue with the injured responding to treatment at the same facility.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSS supports Free SHS with maize
- Interior Minister apologises for police assault on 3 journalists
- Young at Heart launches ‘Lab and Library on Wheels’ project
- CEDECOM courts support of chiefs, MPs to develop the Central Region
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 59 foreign nationals arrested for illegal mining in Western Region
- 'Chereponi conflict is escalating' -- Security analysts call for firm action
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner
- Twene Amanfo SHTS left in tears as NSMQ doors close for 'Brong Ahafo'