At least two persons have been confirmed dead in a car crash involving an Opel Astra and Martiz taxi cab at Nsuta near Techiman in the Brong Ahafo Region.
The accident happened Monday morning.
The Opel Astra cab with registration number GE392-Z was traveling from Techiman to Sunyani when it collided with the Martiz taxi cab with registration number GR3823-11.
"Upon reaching Fiapokrom near Nsuta, the Astra driver wanted to overtake a motorbike rider who was heading towards Sunyani but he wasn't fast enough as the Martiz driver had also reached there so both couldn't control their cars due to the high speed on the curve" an eyewitness explained to Joy News Anass Sabit.
Both the driver and a female passenger occupying the front seat of the Opel Astra cab died on the spot whilst other passengers on board both cars including the driver of the Matiz taxi sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The remains of the dead have since been deposited at the Holy Family hospital's morgue with the injured responding to treatment at the same facility.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II