Residents of Mamprobi-Alhaji in Accra are displeased with city authorities over their failure to complete a drainage project started by the erstwhile government.
Residents fear the non-completion of the drainage system pose several hazards to their habitat.
“Some buildings sitting on the edge of the drainage system are being washed away. Deep gullies around the drainage system are also compounding the woes of the residents and some of the buildings have already collapsed,” Joy News’ Maxwell Agbagba reported on Monday.
Some of the residents are threatening to embark on a demonstration if city authorities do not move in to complete the construction of the drainage system.
“We will demonstrate severely if the authorities do not come to complete the project,” one resident said.
Some of them, obviously frustrated, have threatened to prevent vehicular flow through the community as a sign of protest.
“We give them up to end of the month [May] to start work on the project or else we will block the road, no will vehicle cross…” a residennt said.
They are also displeased with the politics played with the project as they say “the project which started few months to the elections was a ploy to woo their vote” Maxwell told the Midday News Monday.
Ablekuma-South Member of Parliament, Oko Vanderpuye who was Accra Mayor when the project started in 2016 says he will liaise with the current Mayor to fix the problem.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II