On the special occasion of this year’s mother’s day celebration, the Women staff of PZ Cussons Ghana Limited, producers and distributors of personal and homecare products, have given out quantities of Cussons baby products and learning materials worth GH₵15, 000 to mothers and children at the 37 Military Hospital.
Madam Hafsa Arthur, Head of Brand Development and Activation at PZ Cussons Ghana, who led her All- Female Team on the visit, presented to the mothers Cussons baby aprons, baby wipes, Camel baby powder and cream and Carex hand gel. The children were also given Cussons branded exercise books, pencils, Camel baby, Carex hand gel and piggy boxes to save money in.
Making the presentation, Madam Hafsa Arthur said the gesture demonstrates the commitment of the women of PZ Cussons Ghana to support women and children seeking medical care especially at a time when mothers are being celebrated.
As a brand focused on growing together with its consumers, Madam Hafsa Arthur said PZ Cussons Ghana is concerned with showing love and also providing and bringing nutritional and educational needs closer to people in varied conditions to ensure their fullest wellbeing.
After interactions with the mothers of the Maternity and Children Unit, Madam Hafsa said “Many of the mothers who are here with their children would have loved for someone at home to wish them a Happy Mother’s Day, but for whatever reason, they are not able to. We, the Women of PZ Cussons, are here today to spend time with our dear mothers and children to make them know that they are equally special and equally thought of,” she said.
She stated that “It’s always a nostalgic feeling to be a mother and so we are delighted to give back to mothers and make them feel special knowing that somewhere out there somebody cares for them as well, adding that “the smiles and joy on the faces of these women and children are overwhelming and they reassure us these gestures make such a massive difference in their day,”.
According to Madam Hafsa, the visit to the mother and children’s ward was in line with a rolled out programme aimed at bringing healthcare providers and patients closer to medical resources. In view of this programme, PZ Cussons Ghana has partnered with the Ghana Medical Association (GMA) and other key stakeholders in the health sector to educate and sensitize health professionals and patients on various health issues as well as go the extra mile to provide them with the needed support.
The items were received by Madam Alberta Gyepi-Garbrah, the In-Charge of the Children’s Ward and Major Naomi Oppong, the In-Charge of the Mothers Ward.
They expressed their profound gratitude to PZ Cussons Ghana for the kind gesture, saying they were very delighted seeing that the company has remembered mothers and children and shown them love during this special season of celebrating mothers.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II