The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC) has launched a coding programme at Asankragua in the Western region.
The initiative is to train children in mobile technology applications to solve societal challenges and needs.
Speaking at the launch, the Chief Executive Officer for Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communication (GIFEC), Abraham Kofi Asante emphasized the need for coding and programming in the life of children to make them grow into better adults.
He indicated that coding can help the child to be organized, intelligent and build a strong mental foundation to excel.
Mr. Asante also added that the programme was launched in the Asankragua community as part of GIFEC’s aim is to provide universal access to e-learning and other digital services.
Also, the Municipal Chief Executive of the Amenfi West Municipality, Hon George Agyiri expressed gratitude to GIFEC and the Ministry of Communication for selecting the Municipality to be a part of government’s smart community project.
He also revealed that, through the project, about 18 communities in the Municipality now has access to telephone network.
For his part, the acting Chief of Asankragua, Nana Kwasi Addae thanked the CEO of GIFEC for choosing the community for the project noting that, the project would be of immense benefit to the community.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Campus Christian Family launches 2019 Alumni Homecoming celebration
- Law enforcement alone won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push to be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded