The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC) has launched a coding programme at Asankragua in the Western region.
The initiative is to train children in mobile technology applications to solve societal challenges and needs.
Speaking at the launch, the Chief Executive Officer for Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communication (GIFEC), Abraham Kofi Asante emphasized the need for coding and programming in the life of children to make them grow into better adults.
He indicated that coding can help the child to be organized, intelligent and build a strong mental foundation to excel.
Mr. Asante also added that the programme was launched in the Asankragua community as part of GIFEC’s aim is to provide universal access to e-learning and other digital services.
Also, the Municipal Chief Executive of the Amenfi West Municipality, Hon George Agyiri expressed gratitude to GIFEC and the Ministry of Communication for selecting the Municipality to be a part of government’s smart community project.
He also revealed that, through the project, about 18 communities in the Municipality now has access to telephone network.
For his part, the acting Chief of Asankragua, Nana Kwasi Addae thanked the CEO of GIFEC for choosing the community for the project noting that, the project would be of immense benefit to the community.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II