Police in the Northern Region have arrested two persons in the Bunkrugu District of the Northern Region for the possession of illegal drugs.
The two Majeed Mohammed and Mariam Dramani, were arrested by officers of the Operation Kondanlgou, a sub-regional anti-cross border crime force set up by Ghana and her immediate neighbours.
According to authorities, Majeed Mohammed confessed to peddling drugs for a living when he was arrested at Narelugu with some narcotic substances.
Mariam Dramani was also arrested with some narcotics at Sakogu not far from Narelugu.
She told the police that the ‘goods’ belonged to her husband but police say they couldn’t find her husband in a follow-up.
Northern Regional Crime Officer, Superintendent Kusi Appiah told Joy News the duo would be processed for court on Tuesday whilst the drug samples will be sent to the national capital, Accra for further testing.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- NAM1 reportedly directs gov’t to supervise sale of his assets
- Kidnapped girls: Police criticised for poor handling of case
- Gov't allocates GH¢800m extra to support police
- Manual for School Management Committees in the offing
- Women twerk atop moving vehicle on highway
- 6 of the world’s best wildlife’s experiences
- National Biosafety Authority allays fears of parliament over 'illegal GMOs'
- Kidnapped girls: Police ‘give up’ on suspect as ‘he has refused to talk’
- Accra to have area-wide traffic signal control centre by June
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic