Residents of Ashtown in Kumasi woke up Monday morning to find the body of a woman in her early fifties dumped close to a bridge.
Her half-naked body lied face up with bruises on the thighs indicating possible dragging on the ground.
Some women who spoke to Joy News' Erastus Asare Donkor identified her as Rosalinda, a head porter (Kayayo), resident at Kwadaso in Kumasi.
It is neither clear who is behind the death of the woman, nor why anybody would want to kill her.
Some residents say she is a "good person."
A man who is a friend of the deceased said the late Rosalinda left home some two weeks ago and hasn’t been seen until this [Monday] morning when they found her lifeless body.
An obviously heartbroken woman who couldn’t hold back her tears kept raining curses on the killers saying that the god of the stream her body was dumped in should punish them.
The Kumasi Police have since taken the body away and have begun investigations.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits