Residents of Ashtown in Kumasi woke up Monday morning to find the body of a woman in her early fifties dumped close to a bridge.
Her half-naked body lied face up with bruises on the thighs indicating possible dragging on the ground.
Some women who spoke to Joy News' Erastus Asare Donkor identified her as Rosalinda, a head porter (Kayayo), resident at Kwadaso in Kumasi.
It is neither clear who is behind the death of the woman, nor why anybody would want to kill her.
Some residents say she is a "good person."
A man who is a friend of the deceased said the late Rosalinda left home some two weeks ago and hasn’t been seen until this [Monday] morning when they found her lifeless body.
An obviously heartbroken woman who couldn’t hold back her tears kept raining curses on the killers saying that the god of the stream her body was dumped in should punish them.
The Kumasi Police have since taken the body away and have begun investigations.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions