The Attorney-General's advice in the case involving two persons accused of the murder of a former Member of Parliament (MP) for Abuakwa North, J. B. Danquah-Adu, is still not ready.
Therefore, an Accra District court has no other choice than to once again adjourn the matter without carrying out any task on it.
The court has been expecting the legal opinion from the A-G on the matter since October 2017, to enable it to decide whether the suspects, Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Bosso, should be committed to trial at the High Court.
The two have been charged with murder and abetment of the murder of the late MP.
The late J.B Danquah-Adu
J.B Danquah-Adu was stabbed to death on the night of Tuesday, February 9, 2016, at his Shiashie residence in Accra.
The prime suspect, Daniel Asiedu was arrested two days after the incident. The accomplice was picked several weeks later.
On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 JoyNews’ Joseph Ackah Blay reports, Accra District Court Magistrate, Arit Nsemoh informed the two accused persons she was yet to receive the A-Gs opinion leaving her with no choice than to adjourn the case.
The state prosecutor handling the case, DSP George Amegah, was also not present in court when the case was called on Wednesday, the reporter added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II