The New York Ministers Network of the Assemblies of God Church, on Tuesday, recognised former President John Mahama with the Superintendent’s Award for Outstanding Christian Leadership.
A citation from the Network, Dr Duane Durst, recognised the former President for his exemplary achievements in presidential office.
It said, “the great achievements in the nation of Ghana and West Africa due to his commitment as a servant-leader to build a just, prosperous and technologically developed nation for the people of Ghana.”
Mr. Mahama is recognised as the first member of the Assemblies of God Church worldwide to rise to the highest office of President.
According to the Church, he did not only fulfil his duties of leadership with high integrity and deep humility, but also a “bold declaration of his faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.”
Mr. Mahama who was a Special Guest at the 64th Conference of the Network in Amityville, Long Island in New York, thanked the Church for the award.
He emphasised that the Church has over the years guided and provided him with the strength to carry out his activities.
“The church has been supportive all through, especially after my electoral loss in 2016”, former President Mahama told the Conference.
He also thanked the Network for the invitation to share his perspectives of leadership with the Church and recalled the centennial celebration of the Assemblies of God Church in Missouri in 2014, to which he was also invited as a Special Guest.
See more photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II