The Evangelical Presbyterian (EP) Church of Ghana has honoured vice president Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia for his tolerance towards other religions.
The citation read on behalf of the Church by the Hohoe District Pastor, Rev. E. K. Torbani reads: "Though a Muslim, you have agreed to worship with us for the first time on the 125th Anniversary Celebration of the establishment of the Church.
“This proves that you are really a father for all not only to Muslims. For your fatherly love, you never minded the deplorable nature of our Eastern Corridor road to delegate any other personality but to honour our invitation as promised.
"Your role in every programme of the country is admirable and worthy of praise. The E. P. Church, Ghana, Rev.Seegar Memorial Congregation, congratulates you and says Kudos. Ayekoo."
The Clerk of the General Assembly of the Church praised the vice president for being a man of valour and peace, who is a father for all regardless of one's religious background.
The ceremony took place during the 125th-anniversary celebration of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church on Sunday, 11th November 11, 2018, at the Rev.Seeger Memorial Congregation in Hohoe.
It was under the theme "Walking In The Light Brings Salvation"
Rev. E.K.Torbani commended Dr. Bawumia for gracing the ceremony despite his busy schedule.
“As a devoted Muslim, Dr. Bawumia has a perfect sense of the need for religious tolerance and has demonstrated true leadership and commitment at the same time," Rev.Torbani noted.
Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia pledged 500 bags of cement for the construction of a community religious radio station for the church and also presented GH¢10,000 as his contribution towards the growth of the church.
He was accompanied by the Deputy Volta Regional Minister, Maxwell Blagodzi and other government officials.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service
- Meet Maxwell: 23-year-od successful mango farmer