The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has announced a roadmap for peace in Dagbon beginning with the organization of two important funerals which have been a bone of contention for years.
Beginning December 14-28 the Abudus will organize the first funeral for the late Ya-Na Mahamudu Abdulai and observe a one week period after which the Andanis will organize the second funeral for the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani beginning January 18, 2019.
After the organization of these two funerals the parties involved will meet, select and install a new Ya-Na for the people of Dagbon.
There’s more in the audio below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA
- MTN, Dext Technology support public schools with over 2,000 science sets
- Israel trains over 2000 Ghanaian professionals in MASHAV courses
- KNUST becomes first in West Africa to win 'Pan African Universities Debate' contest
- GII engages private sector on Business Integrity and corruption
- Delta sponsors 2018 Junior Achievement Company of the Year Competition
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament