The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has announced a roadmap for peace in Dagbon beginning with the organization of two important funerals which have been a bone of contention for years.
Beginning December 14-28 the Abudus will organize the first funeral for the late Ya-Na Mahamudu Abdulai and observe a one week period after which the Andanis will organize the second funeral for the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani beginning January 18, 2019.
After the organization of these two funerals the parties involved will meet, select and install a new Ya-Na for the people of Dagbon.
There’s more in the audio below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ 2019: Ghana SHS dumps Armed Forces, New Juabeng for Quarterfinal
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 27, 2019
- 75-year-old widow borrowed from savings and loans firm to build toilet
- Parents name son ‘Google’ hoping it will give him a leg up in life
- Data Protection Commission to probe EC's sale of voters’ information
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher