The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has announced a roadmap for peace in Dagbon beginning with the organization of two important funerals which have been a bone of contention for years.
Beginning December 14-28 the Abudus will organize the first funeral for the late Ya-Na Mahamudu Abdulai and observe a one week period after which the Andanis will organize the second funeral for the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani beginning January 18, 2019.
After the organization of these two funerals the parties involved will meet, select and install a new Ya-Na for the people of Dagbon.
There’s more in the audio below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov’t clears $13m arrears owed peacekeepers – Akufo-Addo
- GPRTU, human rights group demand access to remanded driver, mate
- NSMQ: Ghanass, Adonten, Ofori Panin pick final slots for Eastern region
- ‘Give me new lawyer from ICC, mine is fed up’ - Suspected J.B. killer
- What are you actually allowed to take from a hotel room?
- Hot Video: UPSA VC, Pro-VC join students ‘jama’
- Photo of the week: Driver and police in a fracas over road infraction
- Kumasi in shock as 2 ladies are murdered
- Ghana ranked fourth happiest in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Catholic Archbishop of Accra commends Rawlings for supporting poor, underprivileged
- GMOs will reduce use of chemicals on farms – UCC Professor
- Climate Week: Calls to strengthen climate action by promoting gender equality intensifies
- 'Israel-Ghana dance bridges' held in Accra
- Agric Minister's claims that Ghana doesn’t need GMOs unfortunate – Scientist
- Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: Miracles confirm evangelism – Aps Miah