The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has announced a roadmap for peace in Dagbon beginning with the organization of two important funerals which have been a bone of contention for years.
Beginning December 14-28 the Abudus will organize the first funeral for the late Ya-Na Mahamudu Abdulai and observe a one week period after which the Andanis will organize the second funeral for the late Ya-Na Yakubu Andani beginning January 18, 2019.
After the organization of these two funerals the parties involved will meet, select and install a new Ya-Na for the people of Dagbon.
There’s more in the audio below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 'Assuming without admitting,' women lawyers condemn sexual exploitation
- Photo: As Christ cleans sins, Church of Pentecost members clean streets
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, January 21, 2019
- Family of slain Ahmed appeals for public support to catch killers
- Cape Coast: Staff, students of popular SHS to boycott school over threats from encroachers
- Photos: Pra River now a stagnant, brownish sludge
- Teachers asked not to sit and teach
- Company makes employees crawl through street for not meeting sales targets
- If you can’t afford to go Europe, try these U.S. cities
- Ahmed started receiving death threats after photos were published – Family reveals
- Minister launches e-learning platform for students
- Taxi driver found dead with missing genitals
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners