Robbers have made away with more than ¢100,000 from one of the biggest supermarket in Cape Coast in the Central region.
The well-planned robbery on Sonturk happened Sunday night after the robbers drilled through cement blocks behind the building to gain access into the room where sales are kept.
Workers returned Monday morning to find hammer and chisel used to knock into the building.
“We found coins on the shop floor…we realized there has been a burglary,” Theophilus Abakah Turkson who is the manager of the company told Joy News’ Central regional correspondent Richard Kojo Nyarko.
He said the safe where cash is kept was destroyed.
CCTV footage captured the daring late night operation which shows two men ransacking an office.
“It is a big blow to us...it has disrupted our operations,” the manager said.
He said beyond reporting a casual hand to the police, there has been no further progress in investigations.
The Manager said as a company creating employment in the city “we expect that we should have strong support from the police when it comes to issues like this.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 8 more persons declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister