Robbers have made away with more than ¢100,000 from one of the biggest supermarket in Cape Coast in the Central region.
The well-planned robbery on Sonturk happened Sunday night after the robbers drilled through cement blocks behind the building to gain access into the room where sales are kept.
Workers returned Monday morning to find hammer and chisel used to knock into the building.
“We found coins on the shop floor…we realized there has been a burglary,” Theophilus Abakah Turkson who is the manager of the company told Joy News’ Central regional correspondent Richard Kojo Nyarko.
He said the safe where cash is kept was destroyed.
CCTV footage captured the daring late night operation which shows two men ransacking an office.
“It is a big blow to us...it has disrupted our operations,” the manager said.
He said beyond reporting a casual hand to the police, there has been no further progress in investigations.
The Manager said as a company creating employment in the city “we expect that we should have strong support from the police when it comes to issues like this.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals