Robbers have made away with more than ¢100,000 from one of the biggest supermarket in Cape Coast in the Central region.
The well-planned robbery on Sonturk happened Sunday night after the robbers drilled through cement blocks behind the building to gain access into the room where sales are kept.
Workers returned Monday morning to find hammer and chisel used to knock into the building.
“We found coins on the shop floor…we realized there has been a burglary,” Theophilus Abakah Turkson who is the manager of the company told Joy News’ Central regional correspondent Richard Kojo Nyarko.
He said the safe where cash is kept was destroyed.
CCTV footage captured the daring late night operation which shows two men ransacking an office.
“It is a big blow to us...it has disrupted our operations,” the manager said.
He said beyond reporting a casual hand to the police, there has been no further progress in investigations.
The Manager said as a company creating employment in the city “we expect that we should have strong support from the police when it comes to issues like this.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Ghana Connect discusses gender-based violence
- Implement new mining policy effectively- Media coalition against galamsey tells gov't
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees