The 35th Annual General Assembly of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme has been held at the Kairaba Beach Hotel, Banjul, The Gambia.
The event was held from October 29 to November 1, 2018, under the theme: "35 Years of Regional Integration through Insurance - Achievements, Challenges & Prospects."
The main Presentation was by Mr Larry Kwesi Jiagge, a Past-Chairman of the Scheme and CEO of Risk Management and Advisory Services Ltd., Ghana.
The Secretary-General of the West African Insurance Companies Association (WAICA) – Mr William Coker presented a goodwill message and moderated one of the sessions, while the ECOWAS representative in the Gambia also addressed the meeting.
Elections of new Executive members of the Scheme were held during the AGM.
The Commissioner of the National Insurance Commission – Mr Justice Ofori – was elected to represent the Anglophone insurance supervisors while Mr Godfried Djanie, CEO of Millennium Insurance Co. and Chairman of the Ghana National Bureau of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme was elected as an Executive Member.
About 14 member states participated in this important regional meeting.
The Ghana delegation also included personnel from the Ghana National Bureau, Ghana Reinsurance Co. Enterprise Insurance Co., Priority Insurance Co. Star Assurance Co. and the National Insurance Commission.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The world's most powerful passports revealed
- ‘God is in control’ of Akufo-Addo’s cleanest city promise – Minister
- Ghanaian firm offers to supply timber to rebuild Notre Dame
- MTN rescue Agogo Nhyiaeso pupils, teachers from collapsing school building
- Ghana less safe for journalists - Reporters Without Borders
- Stopping vigilantism requires full arsenal of conflict prevention - Ibn Chambas
- Islam, Christianity have more similarities than differences – Bawumia
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas