The 35th Annual General Assembly of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme has been held at the Kairaba Beach Hotel, Banjul, The Gambia.
The event was held from October 29 to November 1, 2018, under the theme: "35 Years of Regional Integration through Insurance - Achievements, Challenges & Prospects."
The main Presentation was by Mr Larry Kwesi Jiagge, a Past-Chairman of the Scheme and CEO of Risk Management and Advisory Services Ltd., Ghana.
The Secretary-General of the West African Insurance Companies Association (WAICA) – Mr William Coker presented a goodwill message and moderated one of the sessions, while the ECOWAS representative in the Gambia also addressed the meeting.
Elections of new Executive members of the Scheme were held during the AGM.
The Commissioner of the National Insurance Commission – Mr Justice Ofori – was elected to represent the Anglophone insurance supervisors while Mr Godfried Djanie, CEO of Millennium Insurance Co. and Chairman of the Ghana National Bureau of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme was elected as an Executive Member.
About 14 member states participated in this important regional meeting.
The Ghana delegation also included personnel from the Ghana National Bureau, Ghana Reinsurance Co. Enterprise Insurance Co., Priority Insurance Co. Star Assurance Co. and the National Insurance Commission.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Joy News Editor gives testimony at Short Commission
- Scientist urges re-orientation of society to address gender stereotyping
- IDEG, CFI and CDD want Short Commission time extended
- NPA inaugurates taskforce to fight fuel smuggling
- New Anloga District inaugurated despite heavy downpour
- Police chief rejects subordinate's sidelining claims in bloody by-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’