The 35th Annual General Assembly of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme has been held at the Kairaba Beach Hotel, Banjul, The Gambia.
The event was held from October 29 to November 1, 2018, under the theme: "35 Years of Regional Integration through Insurance - Achievements, Challenges & Prospects."
The main Presentation was by Mr Larry Kwesi Jiagge, a Past-Chairman of the Scheme and CEO of Risk Management and Advisory Services Ltd., Ghana.
The Secretary-General of the West African Insurance Companies Association (WAICA) – Mr William Coker presented a goodwill message and moderated one of the sessions, while the ECOWAS representative in the Gambia also addressed the meeting.
Elections of new Executive members of the Scheme were held during the AGM.
The Commissioner of the National Insurance Commission – Mr Justice Ofori – was elected to represent the Anglophone insurance supervisors while Mr Godfried Djanie, CEO of Millennium Insurance Co. and Chairman of the Ghana National Bureau of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme was elected as an Executive Member.
About 14 member states participated in this important regional meeting.
The Ghana delegation also included personnel from the Ghana National Bureau, Ghana Reinsurance Co. Enterprise Insurance Co., Priority Insurance Co. Star Assurance Co. and the National Insurance Commission.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019: Central Region’s best face Upper East’s; who goes home?
- Parliamentary vrs High Court: Ayariga's decision to seek SC clarity gets backing
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- The Nigerian kidnapper who recruits, trains Ghanaians
- Central Region: Health workers get training on how to control mosquito breeding
- MMDCEs, Presiding Members call for recycling plants in regions to create jobs
- GHACEM completes free cement programme; 5,000 deprived communities benefit
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19,000 zoo funds
- This lady hopes to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world
- Ghana-Lebanon Islamic School optimistic of excellent results as 2019 class graduates
- More early grade, childhood teachers needed - Education Minister
- New law to regulate GM foods laid in Parliament for approval
- DOVVSU has no single vehicle - Ashanti regional coordinator decries
- Will a girls' school break NSMQ's 26year jinx?
- Mob attacks Nigerian, accuses him of attempted kidnapping