The 35th Annual General Assembly of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme has been held at the Kairaba Beach Hotel, Banjul, The Gambia.
The event was held from October 29 to November 1, 2018, under the theme: "35 Years of Regional Integration through Insurance - Achievements, Challenges & Prospects."
The main Presentation was by Mr Larry Kwesi Jiagge, a Past-Chairman of the Scheme and CEO of Risk Management and Advisory Services Ltd., Ghana.
The Secretary-General of the West African Insurance Companies Association (WAICA) – Mr William Coker presented a goodwill message and moderated one of the sessions, while the ECOWAS representative in the Gambia also addressed the meeting.
Elections of new Executive members of the Scheme were held during the AGM.
The Commissioner of the National Insurance Commission – Mr Justice Ofori – was elected to represent the Anglophone insurance supervisors while Mr Godfried Djanie, CEO of Millennium Insurance Co. and Chairman of the Ghana National Bureau of the ECOWAS Brown Card Insurance Scheme was elected as an Executive Member.
About 14 member states participated in this important regional meeting.
The Ghana delegation also included personnel from the Ghana National Bureau, Ghana Reinsurance Co. Enterprise Insurance Co., Priority Insurance Co. Star Assurance Co. and the National Insurance Commission.
More News Headlines
- The man in the plastic mask: Brazil inmate busted in brazen jailbreak
- KAIPTC remembers Kofi Annan one year on
- Manual for managing school libraries outdoored
- Photos: 5 arrested for smuggling over 4000 bags of fertilizers
- Conquering Kilimanjaro for child online safety
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces commence Africa Endeavor 2019
- Menzgold CEO's press conference in pictures
- Repent; accept Jesus Christ - Menzgold CEO tells detractors
- Climate change in Africa: Survey finds worsening agriculture conditions
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs