Police in Kumasi have arrested two key suspects in the murder of a final- year student of the Effiduase Senior High Commercial School [EFFISCO] in the Ashanti Region.
They are 22-year old Emmanuel Otu, alias Linking, and 20 –year old Emmanuel Agyekum, also known as Essien.
The two, who were arrested at their hideouts at Feyiase, in the Bosomtwe District, revealed they have had sleepless nights since they committed the crime in September.
They confessed to attempting to travel outside the country but have been restrained by the alleged ghost of their victim which they claimed has been giving them sleepless nights.
Effiduase District Commander, Superintendent Asare Bediako told Nhyira FM the two in their caution statement to police indicated they were being haunted by ghost of the of the former Business student of EFFISCO they allegedly killed.
"We [police] don't believe in spiritualism but according to them, they were always haunted by the ghost of the young man [ Derrick Agyei]. They wanted to go out of the country but the man was asking them to come back and hand themselves to the police. That's what we had from them," Supt. Asare Bediako said.
He added: "This cannot be considered in court but it's a way of telling a story, we can say that maybe the ghost played a role because, from their own mouths, they said it that they wanted to run away but they were always under pressure from the ghost of the deceased to come and report themselves."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Family cleans house, finds pet tortoise missing since 1982
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- ‘Galamsey’-induced water crisis spreads through Cape Coast
- Security Warehouse wins Outstanding Electronic Security Company in West Africa
- Church leaders must ensure security on church premises - Opuni-Frimpong
- Let's fight poverty not each other - Bawumia calls for peace in Chereponi
- 3 persons jailed for receiving stolen items
- Self-styled journalist charged for fraud
- UN chief deplores lack of civilian protection in armed conflict
- Freedom of worship is not complete in Ghana - Abotsi
- Let's develop national character for sustainable good governance - Rawlings
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead