Police in Kumasi have arrested two key suspects in the murder of a final- year student of the Effiduase Senior High Commercial School [EFFISCO] in the Ashanti Region.
They are 22-year old Emmanuel Otu, alias Linking, and 20 –year old Emmanuel Agyekum, also known as Essien.
The two, who were arrested at their hideouts at Feyiase, in the Bosomtwe District, revealed they have had sleepless nights since they committed the crime in September.
They confessed to attempting to travel outside the country but have been restrained by the alleged ghost of their victim which they claimed has been giving them sleepless nights.
Effiduase District Commander, Superintendent Asare Bediako told Nhyira FM the two in their caution statement to police indicated they were being haunted by ghost of the of the former Business student of EFFISCO they allegedly killed.
"We [police] don't believe in spiritualism but according to them, they were always haunted by the ghost of the young man [ Derrick Agyei]. They wanted to go out of the country but the man was asking them to come back and hand themselves to the police. That's what we had from them," Supt. Asare Bediako said.
He added: "This cannot be considered in court but it's a way of telling a story, we can say that maybe the ghost played a role because, from their own mouths, they said it that they wanted to run away but they were always under pressure from the ghost of the deceased to come and report themselves."
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Ghana Connect discusses gender-based violence
- Implement new mining policy effectively- Media coalition against galamsey tells gov't
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees