A village in Thailand filled picnic tables with snacks and sweets for the wild monkeys as part of what's become an annual "birthday party" for the creatures.
The town of Lopburi marked the annual Monkey Party by putting out picnic tables filled with fruit, candy, ice cream and juice for the monkeys, which live in and around the town's Buddhist temple.
The tradition is a mass birthday party for the locally loved animals, residents said.
Footage from the event shows the monkeys visiting with members of the crowd and even climbing on some spectators' heads.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 8 more persons declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo