A village in Thailand filled picnic tables with snacks and sweets for the wild monkeys as part of what's become an annual "birthday party" for the creatures.
The town of Lopburi marked the annual Monkey Party by putting out picnic tables filled with fruit, candy, ice cream and juice for the monkeys, which live in and around the town's Buddhist temple.
The tradition is a mass birthday party for the locally loved animals, residents said.
Footage from the event shows the monkeys visiting with members of the crowd and even climbing on some spectators' heads.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019