Over in Australia lives a very large cow.
Or, if we’re being technically accurate, a very large steer, which is a neutered male. His name is Knickers. He is 6 ft 4in tall standing and weighs 1,400kg.
That’s actually a tiny bit shorter than the steer that holds the world record for size, Bellino, who lives in Italy, but it is still very, very large.
So large, in fact, that he’s too big to be killed and sold as meat. Meat processors say they just can’t take him as he’s too large for them to deal with.
Looking at photos of Knickers next to other, normal-sized cows, we can see why meaty types wouldn’t want to bother with Knickers. He is a large boy.
Instead of being turned into burgers, Knickers will live out his days on the Lake Preston feedlot in Myalup, Australia.
And while he may not be much use for farmers, Knickers has found an important purpose: inspiring the people of the internet. Having seen photos of his majestic stature, people are flocking to proclaim Knickers their new icon and ruler.
Thank you, Knickers, for bringing the people of the internet into one uniting sentiment: that is a very large cow.
If you’re wondering how a cow became so large, the answer is we just don’t know.
Perth Now reports that Knickers’ owners bought him for $400 as a ‘coach’ – an animal that could lead the other animals on the farm. ‘It’s just a freaky thing,’ say his owners.
This is a STUNNING backflip pic.twitter.com/kGatIeAcbl— pixelated no longer too early for a christmas name (@pixelatedboat) November 28, 2018
Damn that is one huge cow. this is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2018
saw people tweeting about a huge cow and in my cynicism believed it couldn't possibly be big enough to warrant this much attention. I was wrong. absolutely massive.— JuanPa (@jpbrammer) November 27, 2018
I love when we all share the deeply human reaction “damn that’s a large cow”— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) November 27, 2018
ladies, if he’s:— cale g weissman (@caleweissman) November 28, 2018
he’s not your man he’s big cow
Sorry wait I thought that photo was a trick of perspective??? It is nearly TWO METRES TALL? A SIX FOOT FOUR COW? Get them on a dating website already. https://t.co/yjf6u6beOK— Carl Anka (@Ankaman616) November 27, 2018
every so often you come across a story that makes you think "damn, that's a big cow".— Colley (@JamColley) November 27, 2018
to me, this is one of those stories. https://t.co/KOz6PqoG0Z
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders
- Akufo-Addo outlines gov't's pillars of growth for Science and Technology
- We want answers to killings, not Commander's transfer - Alavanyo youth
- Political appointment or birthright?
- Ahmed’s killing: NDC stampeding investigations with own conclusions – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana's female peacekeeping officers winning hearts, minds in DR Congo
- Police interrogate Nyantakyi over Hussein-Suale murder
- Strong residents association will improve security - MP advises
- Hussein-Suale's death: GUNA calls on gov’t to improve security
- Parents of kidnapped Takoradi girls appeal to gov’t for help
- 'Sextortion': 10 cases recorded in less than a month
- Minority speaks on assassination of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Fishes return to Ankobra river as illegal miners exit
- Woman's lip bitten off after getting lift to buy food
- 'Assuming without admitting,' women lawyers condemn sexual exploitation