Over in Australia lives a very large cow.
Or, if we’re being technically accurate, a very large steer, which is a neutered male. His name is Knickers. He is 6 ft 4in tall standing and weighs 1,400kg.
That’s actually a tiny bit shorter than the steer that holds the world record for size, Bellino, who lives in Italy, but it is still very, very large.
So large, in fact, that he’s too big to be killed and sold as meat. Meat processors say they just can’t take him as he’s too large for them to deal with.
Looking at photos of Knickers next to other, normal-sized cows, we can see why meaty types wouldn’t want to bother with Knickers. He is a large boy.
Instead of being turned into burgers, Knickers will live out his days on the Lake Preston feedlot in Myalup, Australia.
And while he may not be much use for farmers, Knickers has found an important purpose: inspiring the people of the internet. Having seen photos of his majestic stature, people are flocking to proclaim Knickers their new icon and ruler.
Thank you, Knickers, for bringing the people of the internet into one uniting sentiment: that is a very large cow.
If you’re wondering how a cow became so large, the answer is we just don’t know.
Perth Now reports that Knickers’ owners bought him for $400 as a ‘coach’ – an animal that could lead the other animals on the farm. ‘It’s just a freaky thing,’ say his owners.
This is a STUNNING backflip pic.twitter.com/kGatIeAcbl— pixelated no longer too early for a christmas name (@pixelatedboat) November 28, 2018
Damn that is one huge cow. this is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2018
saw people tweeting about a huge cow and in my cynicism believed it couldn't possibly be big enough to warrant this much attention. I was wrong. absolutely massive.— JuanPa (@jpbrammer) November 27, 2018
I love when we all share the deeply human reaction “damn that’s a large cow”— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) November 27, 2018
ladies, if he’s:— cale g weissman (@caleweissman) November 28, 2018
he’s not your man he’s big cow
Sorry wait I thought that photo was a trick of perspective??? It is nearly TWO METRES TALL? A SIX FOOT FOUR COW? Get them on a dating website already. https://t.co/yjf6u6beOK— Carl Anka (@Ankaman616) November 27, 2018
every so often you come across a story that makes you think "damn, that's a big cow".— Colley (@JamColley) November 27, 2018
to me, this is one of those stories. https://t.co/KOz6PqoG0Z
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists