Makeup Ghana, has solicited partners from both the private and public sector to help empower women as entrepreneurs through makeup artistry training.
The first cohort of the Makeup Academy for this empowerment training, is made up of twenty-nine (29) trainees from the Okaikwei Central constituency, in partnership with the Member of Parliament.
Makeup Ghana is a social enterprise creating a unifying platform for stakeholders fast growth makeup and beauty sector in Ghana, through advocacy, training & capacity building, industry events and consulting.
Makeup Ghana through its training focused subsidiary, the Makeup Academy, has begun leveraging the inherently entrepreneurial nature of the sector for women's empowerment.
Makeup Artistry as a field of practice offers several opportunities for job creation. Makeup Ghana advocated these opportunities to several private and public sector entities, as a vehicle for job creation.
Specifically, Makeup Ghana outlined the model for the Makeup Academy which has three (3) distinct aspects aimed at creating successful entrepreneurs in makeup artistry.
The Makeup Academy has adopted the following entrepreneurial focused model: A Startup Kit equipping them with the products and tools to start a business as a makeup artist; One (1) Year Post-Training Support in business management for trainees and Membership in the Makeup Professional Network.
During the commencement speech, the CEO of Makeup Ghana said: “... As a woman and a serial entrepreneur, I know the difference that getting help from others can make. We are honored to assist each of you in starting your own business. We are also extremely grateful to our partner, Hon. Patrick Yaw Boamah, for facilitating this first training.”
Makeup Ghana is actively soliciting additional partners for future Makeup Academy empowerment training programs across the public and private sector.
Makeup Ghana is a social enterprise creating a unifying platform for stakeholders in the emerging and fast-growing beauty industry in Ghana. The goal is to bring together makeup professionals, makeup brands, beauty retailers and fashion & beauty content creators in Ghana, under one umbrella, to propel the industry forward.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Suit against National Cathedral misunderstanding of Ghanaian secularism - AG
- EAA Media Productions to host special event on women leadership in Ghana
- Krofrom Gas Station Fire: Casualties rise to 12
- Tourism Ministry bags $40m World Bank loan
- 3 hospitalised after Kumasi gas explosion
- Bimbilla: Security moves to block celebration of Damba festival
- 5 Cape Coast SHSs trained by US chapter of Adisadel Old Boys
- Haunted mirror 'possessed by the ghost of the Titanic captain' up for auction
- Woman who called herself a vampire gets jail time for attacking man she thought was a werewolf
- This hotel room is smaller than a parking space
- 'Police yet to receive directive to interdict 21 officers'
- Solar-Powered Irrigation: A Boost for Farming Productivity
- Today's front pages
- Publish report on Manso-Nkwanta killings – MP demands
- Nutifafa Kuenyehia's address at 2018 School of Humanities congregation