Accra Business School has held its 6th congregation ceremony with a call on the Academia to make MBA education easy.
President of the Institute, Bishop Gideon Titi-Ofei, who made the call, revealed that 90 students who met the school's rigorous graduation requirement have graduated out of a total number of 145.
He was proud of the School’s vision to be the preeminent and most preferred Christian Business School in Africa.
“This year we have enrolled over 272 new students who were admitted to our re-modelled 12-month MBA awarded by Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST),” he said.
He said the School's MBA success is founded on the belief that success is making complex things simple.
Bishop Titi-Ofei announced that the School has for the first time in the history of MBA education in Ghana introduced an MBA top-up specialization awarded by the International School of Management in Paris.
“Students upon successful completion over the 12 months period can now travel to Paris for a 10-day workshop in their areas of specialization plus a thesis to qualify for a second MBA”
He also announced the beginning of a 5-year journey to transform the school into a global one with the introduction of several MSc programs in Accounting and Finance, Human Resource, Marketing and Procurement and the introduction of an Executive Doctorate in Business Administration and Strategic leadership as part of a strategy to compete in a highly competitive knowledge market.
The school he added will collaborate with International Universities such as the University of Lincoln, University of Bolton, and University of Worcester all in a bid to accommodate the anticipated growth.
Expansion project to drive the course he announced is also on the way with the soon to be completed 1st phase of a Six Storey twin tower block comprising state-of-the-art lecture Hall, Library, Computer Lab and a 40 bed 2-star Hotel before the end of the year.
The graduation ceremony was held last week Saturday in Accra on the theme: ‘MBA education and job creation’. The overall MBA Valedictorian award went to Mrs Innocentia Ami Dogbe. It was chaired by renowned Prof. Kwame Omane-Antwi.
Prof. Kwame Omane-Antwi in his address observed the theme was in line with the school’s mission of getting an MBA designed for working Professionals with the prime aim of training effective Managers to thrive on a global stage.
He bemoaned the existence of leadership crises in Africa and expressed optimism the role of MBA schools such as the Accra Business College will produce effective leaders in the ensuing years to become Professional Managers ready to create wealth for the country which will culminate into the creation of jobs.
Accra Business School is a prestigious Christian Business School accredited to offer globally recognized postgraduate, undergraduate and professional programmes in a Christ-centered scholarly environment that integrates faith and learning. The school is an affiliate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Australian Institute of Business (AIB) Adelaide, Australia and the awards for Training and Higher Education, Norwich, UK.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police pick up 33 suspects in Kumasi market fires
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians
- Christ, your risen Lord is your lawyer, how can you fail? - Aps. Mike Etrue
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University