The headmaster of the Nkwanta Senior High School in the Volta region is alleging that some male students have raped wives of teachers and female teachers.
Paul Boafo Nyarko made the revelations after teachers of the school requested for one more month to recover from the psychological trauma they have suffered as a result of student riots last week.
The school was closed down indefinitely last Tuesday following a riot staged by students in protest of the seizure of their phones.
A proposed November 5 reopening date has been rejected by the teachers. They are requesting for some time off the classroom.
A Business Accounting teacher of the school says they are not prepared to teach.
“We cannot stand in front of them and teach while a student has threatened the teacher just because he is ensuring that the right thing is done,” he said.
The headmaster says the request is justified, and that the students went as far as “raping teachers’ wives and female teacher on campus so they have gone through a lot of psychological trauma.”
“So before they can go and stand in front of the students to teach them they need a psychotherapist to come and take them through all those things so that they will be able to re-psyche themselves before they can go back to the classroom.”
Education Authorities are yet to meet the requests of the teachers, therefore, the form one and two students who reported on Monday have been asked to go back home.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall