The headmaster of the Nkwanta Senior High School in the Volta region is alleging that some male students have raped wives of teachers and female teachers.
Paul Boafo Nyarko made the revelations after teachers of the school requested for one more month to recover from the psychological trauma they have suffered as a result of student riots last week.
The school was closed down indefinitely last Tuesday following a riot staged by students in protest of the seizure of their phones.
A proposed November 5 reopening date has been rejected by the teachers. They are requesting for some time off the classroom.
A Business Accounting teacher of the school says they are not prepared to teach.
“We cannot stand in front of them and teach while a student has threatened the teacher just because he is ensuring that the right thing is done,” he said.
The headmaster says the request is justified, and that the students went as far as “raping teachers’ wives and female teacher on campus so they have gone through a lot of psychological trauma.”
“So before they can go and stand in front of the students to teach them they need a psychotherapist to come and take them through all those things so that they will be able to re-psyche themselves before they can go back to the classroom.”
Education Authorities are yet to meet the requests of the teachers, therefore, the form one and two students who reported on Monday have been asked to go back home.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint
- City guard brutally assaults young man in viral video
- Sex worker shocks Twitter with airplane toilet licking selfie video
- Updated: 55 killed in gory Kintampo-Techiman road crash
- Climate Week: Farmer-based CSOs march to promote agroecology
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Over 1,000 students take part in WAEC workshop on exam malpractices