The headmaster of the Nkwanta Senior High School in the Volta region is alleging that some male students have raped wives of teachers and female teachers.
Paul Boafo Nyarko made the revelations after teachers of the school requested for one more month to recover from the psychological trauma they have suffered as a result of student riots last week.
The school was closed down indefinitely last Tuesday following a riot staged by students in protest of the seizure of their phones.
A proposed November 5 reopening date has been rejected by the teachers. They are requesting for some time off the classroom.
A Business Accounting teacher of the school says they are not prepared to teach.
“We cannot stand in front of them and teach while a student has threatened the teacher just because he is ensuring that the right thing is done,” he said.
The headmaster says the request is justified, and that the students went as far as “raping teachers’ wives and female teacher on campus so they have gone through a lot of psychological trauma.”
“So before they can go and stand in front of the students to teach them they need a psychotherapist to come and take them through all those things so that they will be able to re-psyche themselves before they can go back to the classroom.”
Education Authorities are yet to meet the requests of the teachers, therefore, the form one and two students who reported on Monday have been asked to go back home.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI