Disturbing footage shows staff at a Chinese company drinking urine and being whipped after ‘failing to reach their sales targets’.
They were filmed performing the sickening acts inside the office of a decorating company based in Zunyi city, in southwestern Guizhou Province.
The workers were also reportedly ordered to eat cockroaches by the management, who believed they had let the team down.
The video shows cups of yellow liquid being picked up by the staff, as two employees hold their noses as they down the cups in front of everyone else.
Two men are seen holding their noses as they down the urine
The employees are seen waiting in line to receive their punishment while some of the staff are whipped.
After the video went viral online, Zunyi police confirmed that three management staff, surnamed Guo, Cai and Huang, had been arrested pending investigation.
An unnamed former employee told local media about the alleged punishments, saying: ‘Everything was normal in the beginning.
‘Then they started hiring motivational speakers and things became really twisted.’ Some other staff were reportedly made to have their heads shaven as punishment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner
- Twene Amanfo SHTS left in tears as NSMQ doors close for 'Brong Ahafo'
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages