Disturbing footage shows staff at a Chinese company drinking urine and being whipped after ‘failing to reach their sales targets’.
They were filmed performing the sickening acts inside the office of a decorating company based in Zunyi city, in southwestern Guizhou Province.
The workers were also reportedly ordered to eat cockroaches by the management, who believed they had let the team down.
The video shows cups of yellow liquid being picked up by the staff, as two employees hold their noses as they down the cups in front of everyone else.
Two men are seen holding their noses as they down the urine
The employees are seen waiting in line to receive their punishment while some of the staff are whipped.
After the video went viral online, Zunyi police confirmed that three management staff, surnamed Guo, Cai and Huang, had been arrested pending investigation.
An unnamed former employee told local media about the alleged punishments, saying: ‘Everything was normal in the beginning.
‘Then they started hiring motivational speakers and things became really twisted.’ Some other staff were reportedly made to have their heads shaven as punishment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda