Five suspected armed robbers have been apprehended by the police in Tarkwa in the Western Region. The police also seized two revolvers and some ammunition from the suspects.
The five suspects namely Joel Nana Kusi Osei (23 years), Godfred Agbeshie (24 years), Abraham Mensah (26 years), Nana Amoah (30 years), and Isaac Mensah (32 years), have been put behind bars by the Tarkwa Divisional Police Command.
Divisional Commander, ACP Dennis Abade said, they received a tip-off on the November 4, that some people were planning a robbery on a gold dealer in Tarkwa.
He said the police anonymously established communication with one of the suspected armed robbers.
ACP Abade stated, “in the course of the communication the suspect agreed to meet the person he was communicating with so that he provides him with a weapon as agreed per their communication.”
ACP Abade added that the suspect, Joel King Nana Osei Kusi, admitted the plan to rob a gold dealer when he was arrested and also led police to arrest Godfred Agbeshie.
He said Agbeshie also confirmed, “the armed robbers were in the process of securing weapons to commit the robbery.”
ACP Abade continued that Godfred Agbeshie also led the police to arrest Nana Amoah and two others.
The suspects revealed they robbed a mobile money merchant of GHȻ14000 at Ahwitieso, on August 28, after they trailed the merchant from Tarkwa station.
The five suspects are all residents of Tarkwa.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers
- Did CAF steal Ghanaian beatmaker’s soundtrack?
- Climate summit: Groups express concerns over forest decline in Africa
- NSMQ: Nafana, 3 others win in Brong Ahafo qualifiers
- OBOSS shows who is boss in NSMQ2019 qualifiers
- That's My Opinion: ‘De-tribalising’ Ghana
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba