Five suspected armed robbers have been apprehended by the police in Tarkwa in the Western Region. The police also seized two revolvers and some ammunition from the suspects.
The five suspects namely Joel Nana Kusi Osei (23 years), Godfred Agbeshie (24 years), Abraham Mensah (26 years), Nana Amoah (30 years), and Isaac Mensah (32 years), have been put behind bars by the Tarkwa Divisional Police Command.
Divisional Commander, ACP Dennis Abade said, they received a tip-off on the November 4, that some people were planning a robbery on a gold dealer in Tarkwa.
He said the police anonymously established communication with one of the suspected armed robbers.
ACP Abade stated, “in the course of the communication the suspect agreed to meet the person he was communicating with so that he provides him with a weapon as agreed per their communication.”
ACP Abade added that the suspect, Joel King Nana Osei Kusi, admitted the plan to rob a gold dealer when he was arrested and also led police to arrest Godfred Agbeshie.
He said Agbeshie also confirmed, “the armed robbers were in the process of securing weapons to commit the robbery.”
ACP Abade continued that Godfred Agbeshie also led the police to arrest Nana Amoah and two others.
The suspects revealed they robbed a mobile money merchant of GHȻ14000 at Ahwitieso, on August 28, after they trailed the merchant from Tarkwa station.
The five suspects are all residents of Tarkwa.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall