Five suspected armed robbers have been apprehended by the police in Tarkwa in the Western Region. The police also seized two revolvers and some ammunition from the suspects.
The five suspects namely Joel Nana Kusi Osei (23 years), Godfred Agbeshie (24 years), Abraham Mensah (26 years), Nana Amoah (30 years), and Isaac Mensah (32 years), have been put behind bars by the Tarkwa Divisional Police Command.
Divisional Commander, ACP Dennis Abade said, they received a tip-off on the November 4, that some people were planning a robbery on a gold dealer in Tarkwa.
He said the police anonymously established communication with one of the suspected armed robbers.
ACP Abade stated, “in the course of the communication the suspect agreed to meet the person he was communicating with so that he provides him with a weapon as agreed per their communication.”
ACP Abade added that the suspect, Joel King Nana Osei Kusi, admitted the plan to rob a gold dealer when he was arrested and also led police to arrest Godfred Agbeshie.
He said Agbeshie also confirmed, “the armed robbers were in the process of securing weapons to commit the robbery.”
ACP Abade continued that Godfred Agbeshie also led the police to arrest Nana Amoah and two others.
The suspects revealed they robbed a mobile money merchant of GHȻ14000 at Ahwitieso, on August 28, after they trailed the merchant from Tarkwa station.
The five suspects are all residents of Tarkwa.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI