Five suspected armed robbers have been apprehended by the police in Tarkwa in the Western Region. The police also seized two revolvers and some ammunition from the suspects.
The five suspects namely Joel Nana Kusi Osei (23 years), Godfred Agbeshie (24 years), Abraham Mensah (26 years), Nana Amoah (30 years), and Isaac Mensah (32 years), have been put behind bars by the Tarkwa Divisional Police Command.
Divisional Commander, ACP Dennis Abade said, they received a tip-off on the November 4, that some people were planning a robbery on a gold dealer in Tarkwa.
He said the police anonymously established communication with one of the suspected armed robbers.
ACP Abade stated, “in the course of the communication the suspect agreed to meet the person he was communicating with so that he provides him with a weapon as agreed per their communication.”
ACP Abade added that the suspect, Joel King Nana Osei Kusi, admitted the plan to rob a gold dealer when he was arrested and also led police to arrest Godfred Agbeshie.
He said Agbeshie also confirmed, “the armed robbers were in the process of securing weapons to commit the robbery.”
ACP Abade continued that Godfred Agbeshie also led the police to arrest Nana Amoah and two others.
The suspects revealed they robbed a mobile money merchant of GHȻ14000 at Ahwitieso, on August 28, after they trailed the merchant from Tarkwa station.
The five suspects are all residents of Tarkwa.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 3 arrested for murdering 14-yr-old for ritual purposes
- Estate manager denies killer of GPHA manager came through gate
- Bosomtwe collapsed bridge hampering economic activities
- Infographic: How Menzgold crumbled to pieces
- Michel Camp explosions: Military will not relocate
- Gov’t advocates for more Forestry Commission resources
- Over 70 AK47 assault rifles illegally stashed at Alavanyo - Police
- PHOTOS: Michel Camp armoury explosions send ammunition into homes
- 2 nabbed in Kumasi for dealing in fake vehicle number plates
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years