The Mohinani Group has won three awards at the maiden Ghana Business Awards.
The Group’s Executive Director, Ashok Mohinani was honoured and recognised for “Excellence in Business Award of the Year” at the event which took place at Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra on Friday 26 October.
The award seeks to recognise and reward individuals and companies that excelled and contributed to sustainable development within their various sectors and Ghanaian Economy.
Commenting on the award, Mr. Mohinani said it was rewarding for the Group to be recognised for its outstanding achievements and contributions to business development and economic growth over the last 50 years in Ghana.
The 2nd Award which was picked up by the Group was “Group of Companies of the Year” in honour of their commitment & drive for innovation. The “Electronic Company of the Year” was awarded to Electromart, the retail arm of the group’s trading company – Somotex.
Mr. Mohinani noted that as a Group, they were committed to driving and championing innovation, industrial leadership and sustainable growth across all operating units in and outside Ghana.
“Our operations span across Africa, Europe and Asia and we will seek to relentlessly provide the best of services & products to satisfy our customer needs“.
Ashok Mohinani, Executive Director - Mohinani Group
The Group’s international expertise brings to bear the best global practices and in-depth understanding of the local environment which means that their brands thrive as sector leaders, bringing together the best of both worlds to their consumers.
“Mohinani Group prides itself in offering the best and most trusted brands both locally and internationally. Our local brands include Polytank, Electromart, Bruhm and Cougar while internationally we trade and represent some of the largest and most credible global brands such as LG, KFC, Protea by Marriott, Bajaj, Index, MRF and Boxer” he added.
Mr Mohinani was optimistic that the Group will continue to invest in technologies that improve the living standards of its consumers.
“We continue to offer warranty and guarantee, assuring shoppers and consumers of our commitment to providing high-quality products and services”.
The Group’s retail arm for consumer electronics continues to offer world-class after sales service support and enhanced shopping experience across all 20 Electromart retail shops. The global footprint for Electromart has seen tremendous growth with the introduction of the online shop, Consumer Finance payment option and Point Building Loyalty Card for free shopping any day and anytime.
Mr Mohinani said the awards were an indication that the Group was delivering exceptional, innovative and quality products and services that were meeting the needs of both the local and international markets.
“Our appreciation to the team, customers, partners and all stakeholders for their hard work, commitment and loyalty to Mohinani Group and all affiliates,” Mr Mohinani said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases